St Stephen Catholic School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (813) 741-9203
- Our mission statement: St. Stephen Catholic School is devoted to inspiring students to achieve their full academic potential while demonstrating a desire to continue Jesus' mission by applying Catholic morals, beliefs, values and practices in thier everyday lives.
- We are committed to motivating students to sustain a lifelong love of learning.
- Core Values: St. Stephen Catholic School students/graduates are critical thinkers, reach their highest acedemic potential, live with integrity, are respectful, are life long learners, are so rooted in thier catholic identity that they apply Catholic beliefs, morals and values to everyday life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Accept MacKay Scholarship|
|Total Students||327 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(navy bottoms/plaid skort/polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,690|
|Tuition Notes||Full and Catholic rates.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Bell Choir, Chorus, Drama, Media Club, National Junior Honor Society, Rising Stars, Spirit of Service (SOS) Club, Student Council, Technology Club|
Club or Organization:
Poetry Club, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Curriculum: A Catholic education is one that is both challenging and rewarding. St. Stephen Catholic School's curriculum is based on the Diocesan benchmark along with nathional standards ( focusing on Common Core Standards) for each subject area. These high standards, combined with strong motivation and a caring atmosphere, provide each child the opportunity and encouragement to achieve their full academic potentiall. St. Stephen catholic School is accredited through the Florida Catholic Conference and adheres to the guidelines of the Diocesan office.
- Academic areas are: religion, reading, language art/creative writing, math, social studies, science, sSpanish, art, music, computer technology and physical education.
- Financial aid is available to active parishioners of St. Stephen catholic Church. We also offer the Mckay Scholarship and Step-Up For Students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverview Grades: K-3 | 120 students
11520 Ramble Creek Dr
Riverview, FL 33569
(813) 741-3300 2.6 K-3
As a parent, you want the absolute best for your child. St. Stephen's has made my sons the caring, moral, Christian young men that they are today. You will not find a better community of individuals who foster the teachings of Jesus Christ in the area. I am so very grateful for all that St. Stephens has given us.
- Posted by Parent - John Boyle
Caring teachers and innovative programs highly recommend as the student is their top priority.
- Posted by Parent - SG
We love this school. We have been at this school for the past 3 years and love it. It is definitely a second home for our children, a place where they feel safe, loved and educated. They also have high expectations for our children and the morals that we teach at home are carried over to the classroom. We look forward to our children continuing their education at this school. My best advice if you are looking for a school for your children: dont base your decision on reviews, visit the school and decide what's best for your family.
- Posted by Parent - melan
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?