Center Academy - Riverview
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with alearning environment that facilitates the development ofself-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and givesstudents the opportunity to achieve success in life.
- It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem whenhis/her learning requirements differ from other students inschool.
- Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program inan atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, andsupportive.
- Center Academy helps students with average to above averageintelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who needspecial help with organization, motivation, and/or socialskills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Learning Differences, Motivation|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,660|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies, with need-based and McKay Scholarships available|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverview Grades: PK-12 | 125 students
10102 Old Big Bend Road
Riverview, FL 33578
(813)677-5236 5.6 PK-12
- Riverview Grades: PK-12 | 227 students
5416 Providence Road
Riverview, FL 33578
(813)661-0588 2.4 PK-12
- Brandon Grades: K-8 | 82 students
516 Corner Dr.
Brandon, FL 33511
(813)655-6505 4.9 K-8
- Seffner Grades: PK-12 | 161 students
6021 Williams Road
Seffner, FL 33584
(813)620-0683 8.9 PK-12
My son has been at Center Academy since 8th grade. He is now a senior and will be going on to college. The teachers know all the students and are so supportive. The principal is fabulous. Mr. Stone makes the effort to know all the students along with their strengths and weaknesses.
- Posted by Parent - Rae Vinson
Center Academy is a very well run school. I have 2 children that have been going there for 2 years. We are planning on having them stay all the way through 12th grade. I love the fact that the teachers cater their lessons and learning styles to each individual child. Having 2 children with special needs, they thrive in this type of environment. Teachers and teacher assistants are great at communicating with me throughout the week. I also want to add that administration is excellent there as well. I always feel informed of what's going on within the whole school. The principal, Mr. Stone, has a very caring heart for all of his students there. It is very easy to be able to get in and talk with him about my children's needs. You can tell he has excellent leadership skills because his staff is great. Before my children went here, their self esteem was so low about school and learning. Since they have not only risen their grades from C`s to A`s and B`s, their confidence level has shot through the roof. I am forever grateful for this school. I look forward to the rest of the years they will be attending Center Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Angelique Valdivia
This is an excellent school.My son attended the school for 4 years.His learning and self esteem soared.The staff is very supportive and caring.The principal Mr.Stone is very supportive and caring towards all of the students.The students are not just part of the school they are the school!!!
- Posted by Parent - trean
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.