Hillsborough Baptist School
- MISSION STATEMENT "Inspiring Excellence, Nurturing Honor, Fostering Growth" The mission of Hillsborough Baptist School is to Inspire Excellence in education, Nurture Honor in the individual citizen, and to Foster Growth in the whole person. Hillsborough Baptist School is a private, Christian school that is a ministry of Landmark Baptist Church.
- We offer a traditional education from VPK to 12th grade.
- Spiritually, our goal is to help our students develop a close, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- This relationship is vital, and our entire institution is built upon fostering the growth of that relationship. Emotionally and Socially, our goal is to help our students understand that being a disciple of Jesus Christ is not easy, and it requires submission to authority, compassion for others, and unwavering devotion to Christ.
- We want to empower them to build relationships which constrain self for the growth of others.
- Academically, our goal is to prepare our students to serve God in any vocation.
- Using the ABeka curriculum, we endeavor to help all of our students not only to succeed but to achieve excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Member of: FACCS/AACS
- Traditional Education
- Daycare-12th grade
- Accepting McKay Scholarships and Step-Up for Students
- Sports: 6-man tackle football, girls volleyball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, cross-country
- Elementary Sports: Intermural flag-football, basketball, and soccer
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seffner Grades: PK-12 | 736 students
11605 US Hwy 92 E
Seffner, FL 33584
(813)626-0001 0.9 PK-12
- Brandon Grades: PK-12 | 151 students
1118 N Parsons Ave
Brandon, FL 33510
(813)654-4936 3.6 PK-12
- Riverview Grades: PK-12 | 266 students
5416 Providence Road
Riverview, FL 33578
(813)661-0588 6.5 PK-12
- Valrico Grades: K-12
1300 N Valrico Rd
Valrico, FL 33594
(813)689-8815 4.9 K-12
- Seffner Grades: 2-11 | 126 students
1204 S Lenna Ave
Seffner, FL 33584
(813)490-7295 2.8 2-11
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.