St. Stephen School
- St. Stephen's School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- It is the only Catholic parochial elementary school on Grand Island.
- S.S.S. provides quality education based on Catholic/Christian values for students in Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
- The school follows the curriculum prescribed by the New York State Department of Education and the policies of the Department of Catholic Education of the Diocese of Buffalo.
- Speech, health and psychological services, and bus transportation are provided by the Grand Island School District.
- Our mission is teaching and perpetuating Christian values, celebrating together Word and Sacrament, sharing our gifts and love with one another, growing in God's love by openness to the Spirit and being a witness to the Jesus of the Gospel.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tonawanda Grades: NS-8 | 191 students
70 Adam St
Tonawanda, NY 14150
(716)692-7886 4.3 NS-8
- Niagara Falls Grades: PK-11 | 23 students
704 91st St
Niagara Falls, NY 14304 4.4 PK-11
- Tonawanda Grades: PK-12 | 37 students
72 E Niagara St
Tonawanda, NY 14150
(716)695-5334 4.7 PK-12
- North Tonawanda Grades: K-9 | 121 students
75 Keil St
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
(716)693-2828 4.7 K-9
- Niagara Falls Grades: 6-8 | 130 students
504 66th St
Niagara Falls, NY 14304
(716)215-1461 4.7 6-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.