St. Stephens Episcopal School
- St. Stephen Episcopal School, a coeducational boarding-and-day school of the Diocese of Texas, is a caring, diverse community, inclusive of all faiths and grounded in the Christian tradition, which nurtures moral growth and values the potential and dignity of every human being.
- We challenge motivated students to live intelligently, creatively, and humanely as contributing members of society.
- We develop the whole person by providing rigorous academic preparation, stimulating physical activities, and rich opportunities in the fine arts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||672 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||107 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 25 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$57,840|
|Tuition Notes||Domestic Boarding - 57840 International Boarding - 60390 Day - 22110|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lawrence Sampleton|
|Admissions Associate||Allison Center|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- St. Stephen`s is a seven-year college preparatory school within the Episcopal Diocese ofTexas. It is a coeducational boarding/day community with a 2014-2015 enrollment of 688 students, of whom 175 are boarding students in grades 8-12 and 513 are day students in grades 6-12. The school draws boarding students from across Texas, 7 states and 16 countries.The Upper School student population is 29% students of color, and an additional 15% are international students; 16% of the students receive need-based financial assistance. The faculty and academic administration includes 71 full-time and 5 part-time teachers, of whom 50 hold advanced degrees. The student-teacher ratio is 8:1, and the average class size is 17.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AustinGrades: 1-12 | 871 students
1112 W 31st St
Austin, TX 78705
- AustinGrades: 9-12 | 117 students
5001 Evans Ave.
Austin, TX 78751
- AustinGrades: PK-12 | 803 students
3901 Speedway St
Austin, TX 78751
- Dripping SpringsGrades: 6-12 | 58 students
26450 Ranch Rd 12
Dripping Springs, TX 78620
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.