St. Stephens Episcopal School
- St. Stephen Episcopal School, a coeducational boarding-and-day school of the Diocese of Texas, is a caring, diverse community, inclusive of all faiths and grounded in the Christian tradition, which nurtures moral growth and values the potential and dignity of every human being.
- We challenge motivated students to live intelligently, creatively, and humanely as contributing members of society.
- We develop the whole person by providing rigorous academic preparation, stimulating physical activities, and rich opportunities in the fine arts.
St. Stephens Episcopal School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||672 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||107 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 25 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$57,840|
|Tuition Notes||Domestic Boarding - 57840 International Boarding - 60390 Day - 22110|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lawrence Sampleton|
|Admissions Associate||Allison Center|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- St. Stephen`s is a seven-year college preparatory school within the Episcopal Diocese ofTexas. It is a coeducational boarding/day community with a 2014-2015 enrollment of 688 students, of whom 175 are boarding students in grades 8-12 and 513 are day students in grades 6-12. The school draws boarding students from across Texas, 7 states and 16 countries.The Upper School student population is 29% students of color, and an additional 15% are international students; 16% of the students receive need-based financial assistance. The faculty and academic administration includes 71 full-time and 5 part-time teachers, of whom 50 hold advanced degrees. The student-teacher ratio is 8:1, and the average class size is 17.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: 9-12 | 125 students
5001 Evans Ave.
Austin, TX 78751
(512)454-5797 5.9 9-12
- Austin Grades: PK-12 | 803 students
3901 Speedway St
Austin, TX 78751
(512)465-8344 5.4 PK-12
- Houston Grades: PK-12 | 1412 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
(713)243-5040 143.5 PK-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.