St Theresa Middle School
Tel: (225) 647-2803
- The mission of St. John Primary and St. Theresa Middle Catholic schools is to serve one another through Catholic values as we strive for spiritual growth and academic excellence.
- We, as the faculty, administration and staff, are committed to the religious and academic education of each child to his or her full potential.
- We work in partnership with the parents, the primary educators of their child, to guide each child through instruction that promotes acceptance, tolerance, love, individuality, inquiry and success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-8|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||High School Algebra 1, High School English 1|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(school uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,334|
|Admissions Director||Johnnie W. Balfantz|
|Admissions Associate||Tracie Waguespack|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Program, Computer Class, Spanish Classes, Summer Day Camp, Youth Legislature|
Club or Organization:
4H Club, Before School Care, Duke Talent Search, God's Warriors Faith Club, Junior BETA Club, Junior Robotics, Library Club, Math Club, Quiz Bowl Team, Religion Classes, Retreats, Robotics Team, Running Club, Student Council, Weekly Mass
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Band, Choir, Music Class, Play Production, Talent Show
- We, the administration, faculty and staff of St. John Primary and St. Theresa Middle, are committed to the religious and academic education of each child to his or her full potential. We work in partnership with parents, the primary educators of their child, to guide each child through instruction that promotes acceptance, tolerance, love, individuality, inquiry and success. The child should assume responsibility for learning, understanding that education is a lifelong process. Our ultimate goal is to continue our faith in order to achieve eternal salvation. Our school community strives to live the gospel of Jesus Christ through worship and service.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Grades: K-8 | 505 students
8033 Baringer Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
(225) 751-0273 11.1 K-8
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-8 | 1168 students
2025 Stuart Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225) 383-3871 18.2 PK-8
- Baton Rouge Grades: NS-8 | 1172 students
7880 Saint George Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 293-1298 13 NS-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.