St Thomas More High School
- Our mission at Saint Thomas More High School is to love, educate, and serve young people in the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
- Saint Thomas More educates students in a safe, caring, college preparatory environment, emphasizing Catholic faith and morals, and academic excellence and innovation.
- Providing a family-like atmosphere, Saint Thomas More nurtures the whole person: spiritual, ethical, intellectual, emotional, and physical, preparing young people to become living signs of Christ's love to the world.
St Thomas More High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Wisconsin for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language Based/ Some IEP|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||530 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No Athletic attire/yoga pants/shorts and skirts must be finger tip length)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lucas Thomas|
|Admissions Associate||Cynthia Salisbury|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Decathlon, Ambassadors, Art Club, Big Buddies, Chess Team, Dance Planning Committee, Drama Club, Faith Can Cure Cancer, Forensics, Green Club, Intramural Sports, Key Club, LSO, MORE Spirit Club, Music Ministry, National Honor Society, Native Circle, Peer Tutors, Pep Band/ Drumline, Pom Pons, Robotics, Science Club, Stage Crew, Student Council, Technology Honor Society, Theatre, TM Ambassadors, Tri-M Music Honor Society, Utopian|
- Enrollment: 532 students in 2016-2017 (46% female, 54% male).
- Faculty: 35 faculty members. All of our faculty members have secondary education degrees, nearly half have master's degrees.
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Average Class Size: 18 students
- Percentage of Graduates Attending College: 98%. Our 89 graduates from the class of 2015 earned $4.2 million in college scholarships.
- 5 Year Average ACT Score: 22.8 (compared with 22.2 (sate of WI) and 21 (nationally)
- Campus: 16-acre campus which includes football/soccer field, baseball and softball diamonds, tennis courts, and adjacent parking lots.
- Class Schedule: Traditional schedule with eight class periods daily. School begins at 7:50 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m.
- History: St. Thomas More is located on a 16-acre campus that originally housed Pio Nono High School (1890) and St. Francis Minor Seminary (1941). In 1972, two all-boys high schools, Don Bosco (1946) and Pio Nono, merged to form Thomas More High School. Thomas More remained an all-boys school until 1989, when we first admitted female students. To emphasize our Catholic identity, the "St." was added in 2007 at the request of the Archbishop..
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 700 students
742 W Capitol Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53206
(414)264-5440 7.8 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 8-12 | 645 students
9700 W Grantosa Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53222
(414)461-6000 11.2 8-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 850 students
135 N 76th St
Milwaukee, WI 53213
(414)290-7000 7.5 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 167 students
1341 N Cass St
Milwaukee, WI 53202
(414)272-8423 4.8 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 686 students
4257 N 100th St
Milwaukee, WI 53222
(414)462-3742 11.3 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.