St Thomas The Apostle School
Tel: (413) 739-4131
- St. Thomas the Apostle School provides an environment in which the Catholic faith would be taught and modeled.
- The founders, especially Father Dolan, wanted to insure that the parish children would learn the tenets of the Catholic faith.
- Their hope was that the faith would flourish into future generations.
- Although the school has undergone physical changes, its basic purpose remains the same.
- The current faculty, consisting of five full time Sisters of Saint Joseph and 25 lay teachers and staff, continues to maintain the high standards of teaching which have been the hallmark of St. Thomas faculties in the past.
- Teachers are state certified, with many having obtained a Master's degree, and others currently taking courses for this same degree.
- The mission of St. Thomas the Apostle School community is to create a peaceful, Catholic, educational environment which gives viable witness to the living of the gospels.
- Our goal is to help each student become a productive, responsible, Christ-like member of society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||299 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Springfield Grades: K | 27 students
118 Riverdale St
West Springfield, MA 01089
(413) 739-2688 1.1 K
- Springfield Grades: NS-8 | 137 students
36 Margaret Street
Springfield, MA 01105
(413) 739-3616 2.9 NS-8
- Westfield Grades: K-8 | 138 students
866 North Rd
Westfield, MA 01085
(413) 572-2748 6 K-8