5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (413) 567-1820
- Longmeadow Montessori Internationale serves children 2.9 years of age to 6 years of age and provides a curriculum that includes Literacy, Math, Science, Geography, Foreign Language, Music, Art, Character Education and Physical Fitness LMI is proud to inspire a lifelong love of learning in children.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Please contact us directly for summer enrichment program cost as there are a variety of schedule options available.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us directly for tuition information as there are a variety of schedule options available.|
|Admissions Director||Mary Jo McNamara|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
After School Art Program, After School Music Program
- LMI is dedicated to the child-centered Montessori philosophy which fosters academic excellence, personal growth, and cultural awareness while nurturing children's spirits. Children blossom when parents and teachers work together in the best interest of the child. Guided by the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori, learning becomes an exciting process that involves the total child. While some aspects of a Montessori education emphasize independent and small group work, LMI students also enjoy all the benefits of socializastion that takes place in traditional programs. Friendships naturally form and teachers encourange parents to set up play dates between budding friendships. We are committed to nurturing each child's sense of wonder, fostering respect for cultural diversity, and encouraging both academic and character development. LMI encourages creativity, independence, self-confidence, self-esteem, and prepares children for a lifelong love of learning. Our students know they are valued as individuals who will be allowed to learn and grow in their own time. Our environment is one of patience, kindness, and mutual respect. We want your child to walk out our door saying "I can do it myself."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Springfield Grades: K | 27 students
118 Riverdale St
West Springfield, MA 01089
(413) 739-2688 4.6 K
- West Springfield Grades: PK-8 | 299 students
75 Pine St
West Springfield, MA 01089
(413) 739-4131 4.8 PK-8
- Westfield Grades: K-8 | 138 students
866 North Rd
Westfield, MA 01085
(413) 572-2748 10.8 K-8
- Enfield Grades: NS-8 | 172 students
1325 Enfield St
Enfield, CT 06082
(860) 745-5847 5.2 NS-8
Longmeadow Montessori is a wonderful preschool - both of my children attended and had the most nurturing learning experience. They built independence, learned valuable foundational skills, and were both fully prepared for kindergarten and beyond. We are grateful to LMI for the amazing talent of their teachers and the incredible memories and the strong connections we made with other families that continue to this day.
- Posted by Parent - anonymous
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.