St. Thomas The Apostle School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (518) 439-5573
- St. Thomas the Apostle School recognizes the worth and dignity of each individual as a child of God.
- Through daily examples, we guide all students to their fullest potential and create an atmosphere that encourages each child to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally and physically.
- The goals of St. Thomas the Apostle School are to provide religious instruction that enables students to integrate truth and values into contemporary human life; to provide students with academic skills that they may make good citizens who make responsible decisions in a rapidly changing society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra, Latin, Living Environment/Biology, Spanish|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School Uniform for K-Grade 8- Khaki pants or skorts & shirts with logos; Jumpers for K-4)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,450|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available for qualified families.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,550|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Murphy|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Challenge Bowl, American Girl Club, Art Club, Band, Basketball Club, CYO Basketball, Dance, Drama, Future City, Graphic Design, Hiking Club, Homework Club, LEGO Club, Liturgy Choir, Photography Club, Running Club, Soccer, Student Ambassadors, Yearbook
- A tour of the school with the Director of Enrollment is required for all families, Preschool - Grade 8. An interview with the family is required by the principal and the student will be required to attend a shadow day for any family wishing to transfer a student in K-Gr. 8 to St. Thomas the Apostle School. Submission of an application and the non-refundable application fee does not guarantee acceptance. A family`s entire application including, but not limited to, the academic and social needs of the individual and class, the families commitment to Catholic School education, and the enrollment of siblings at St. Thomas the Apostle School or other schools will be taken into consideration when determining acceptance. Upon acceptance, families will be required to sign a letter of intent to enroll and pay a non-refundable down payment to secure placement
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: PK-K | 74 students
340 Whitehall Rd
Albany, NY 12208
(518) 689-0039 2.2 PK-K
- Albany Grades: PK-8 | 542 students
75 Upper Loudon Rd
Albany, NY 12211
(518) 465-4539 6.3 PK-8
- Windsor Grades: PK-K | 46 students
1045 Day Hill Rd
Windsor, CT 06095
(860) 688-6681 77.1 PK-K
We moved my daughter from a neighboring preschool to St Thomas for her Pre K 4 year - so happy we did! Her confidence and courage grew in the St Thomas community. We were so impressed that we moved my older son from public school to Grade 2. The teachers make sure they exceed their potential in academics, community and faith.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 3
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.