St Ursula School
Tel: (412) 486-5511
- The vision of St. Ursula School is to promote and to sustain education of unparalleled quality, and integrate faith into every aspect of life and culture, producing graduates who continually strive for human and Christian perfection.
- St. Ursula School is open to all and made as accessible as possible by seeking support from the total Catholic community, as well as from the community at large.
- It is the aim of St. Ursula School to provide a Catholic, educational setting in which our students and their families can integrate Gospel values in daily living.
- We strive to create a climate in which each child can develop spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally, and socially, and in turn, enhance the world.
- Each child will develop an understanding of Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy, the Sacraments, Sacred Scripture, and Personal Prayer to build a personal relationship with Christ.
- All children will be provided with challenging, yet realistic goals to achieve their full potential.
- Individual learning styles and rates of achievement will be recognized.
- Each child will receive guidance in developing sound attitudes and habits for both mental and physical health.
- Each child will develop a Christian awareness of responsibility to God, family, parish, community, nation and world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Slacks or shorts & dress tops)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?