St. Vincent-St. Mary High School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 662 students
- Yearly Tuition: $12,500
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 23 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Vincent-St. Mary High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
Academics and Faculty
STVM uniform shirt/khakis/tennis shoes
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Challenge Team, Book Club, Chinese Club, Environmental Conservation Club, Eucharistic Ministers, French Club, Future Medics, House System, Irish Dance Team, Journalism, Lectors and Altar Servers, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model United Nations (MUN), Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society), NASA/Student Launch Initiative, National Honor Society (NHS), Robotics Team, Rocket Team, Spanish Club, Technology Team, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Concert Choir, Dramatic Mystery Dinner, Fall Play, International Thespian Society, Jazz Band, Liturgical Choir, Marching Band, Pep Band, Pit Orchestra, Show Choir, Spring Musical, Symphonic Band, Symphonic Choir, Women's Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ski and Snowboard Club
- St. Vincent-St. Mary (STVM) is a Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory high school located just west of downtown Akron, OH.
- STVM was founded in 1972 after a merger of two prominent parish high schools... St. Mary (founded in 1897) and St. Vincent (founded in 1906).
- STVM is sponsored by the Society of Mary (Marianists).
- STVM is the only STEM-designated Catholic high school in Ohio.
- STVM is a welcoming community drawn from a seven county region; students enroll from Catholic elementary schools, as well as private and public middle schools. Most students enroll as incoming freshmen, although transfers are also considered for admission.
- STVM is chartered by the State of Ohio as a College Prep School and is accredited by The Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Assoication and AdvancED/North Central Association Commission on Schools.
- Over 60% of STVM faculty hold advanced degrees; the faculty also has an average of 8 years of teaching experience at STVM.
- 96% of graduates are college-bound; 73% percent of the Class of 2022 earned $21.3 million in merit-based college scholarships.
- Approximately 60% of students receive some form of tuition assistance: scholarships and/or financial aid. STVM accepts EdChoice Scholarships from the state of Ohio.
- A vibrant Campus Ministry program enables students to live their faith daily and participate in liturgies, retreats, peer ministry, community outreach, and our annual Mission Trip.
- Students are required to take four years of theology and complete 100 hours of Christian community service over four years. Our student body contributes at least 16,000 service hours each year to our area.
- STVM offers 16 AP courses as well as many honors level courses which earn weighted grades in terms of students' GPA's.
- Technology is integrated across the curriculum; all students are issued Chromebooks to facilitate their learning.
- STVM offers four years of four world languages: Spanish, French, Chinese, and American Sign Language; students also have opportunities to travel to foreign countries to experience the culture and demonstrate their language skills.
- STVM students participate in over 30 extra-curricular clubs and organizations. There is something for everyone at STVM.
- STVM Rocket Team was selected as 1 of only 10 high schools in the nation to participate in the NASA Student Launch Initiative.
- Students have the opportunity to explore the concepts of permaculture and environmental science in our STVM Victory Garden, a living, growing outdoor classroom.
- Students actively participate in award-winning fine arts programs in visual art, music, dance, and drama.
- Male and female students may each choose from a total of 26 varsity sports - 13 for males and 13 for females. STVM has won 33 state championships in the last 50 years.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- LeBron James '03 - NBA Player, founder of the LeBron James Foundation
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Vincent-St. Mary High School cost?
St. Vincent-St. Mary High School's tuition is approximately $12,500 for private students.
What schools are St. Vincent-St. Mary High School often compared to?
St. Vincent-St. Mary High Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Archbishop Hoban High School by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School?
The acceptance rate of St. Vincent-St. Mary High School is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 89%.
Who are famous alumni from St. Vincent-St. Mary High School?
St. Vincent-St. Mary High School famous alumni include: LeBron James '03.
What sports does St. Vincent-St. Mary High School offer?
St. Vincent-St. Mary High School offers 16 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. St. Vincent-St. Mary High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for most sports offered.
What is St. Vincent-St. Mary High School's ranking?
St. Vincent-St. Mary High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for: Largest student body, Most sports offered and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for St. Vincent-St. Mary High School?
The application deadline for St. Vincent-St. Mary High School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Vincent-St. Mary High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards