Walsh Jesuit High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (330) 929-4205
Walsh Jesuit is a Catholic, college preparatory high school and one of nearly 50 Jesuit secondary schools in the United States.
Recognized twice as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education (the only high school in Northeast Ohio to receive this prestigious award twice), Walsh Jesuit operates in the spirit of St. Ignatius Loyola, guiding its students to be intellectually competent, open to growth, loving, religious, and committed to doing justice.
Founded in 1964 and located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, the school has a co-ed enrollment of more than 1050.
MISSION STATEMENT Walsh Jesuit, a Catholic college preparatory high school in the spirit of St. Ignatius of Loyola, reaches beyond academic excellence to develop competence, conscience, and compassion within its graduates.
As a Christ-centered community, we strive to be men and women for others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||1,011 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Average SAT score||1136|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Bill Beard|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||29 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Astronomy Club, SADD|
Club or Organization:
Academic Challenge, Campus Ministry, Chess Club, Engineering Club, French Club, Investment Club, Italian Club, Latin Club, Liturgical Choir, Math Club, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Pioneer (student newspaper), Radio Club, Recycling Club, Sketch (student literary magazine), Ski Club, Social Action, Student Government, Trek (yearbook)
Arts and Music Programs:
Brass Choir, CenterStage Theatre, Chamber Ensemble, Concert Band, Harmony Gold Show Choir, Stage Band
- Walsh Jesuit is the only co-educational Jesuit high school in Ohio
- Located in Cuyahoga Falls, the school is situated on 110 acres
- Students attend from an eight-county area and from more than 120 grade schools
- Walsh Jesuit provided approximately $1.5 million in need-based financial aid this year
- Three Jesuit priests are active in the life of the school
- 17 AP and accelerated courses are offered, each weighted .25 in terms of G.P.A.
- Nearly half of the student body is enrolled in AP and/or accelerated courses
- Students are required to take four years of theology
- Students must participate in the school's Christian service program and, in fact, collectively donate nearly 16,000 hours annually to worthwhile organizations in the United States and abroad each year
- The average Walsh Jesuit instructor has more than 13 years' teaching experience
- More than 99% of graduates attend four-year colleges and universities
- 78% of the class of 2013 received $22 million in college scholarships
- Male students may choose from 14 varsity sports
- Female students may choose from 12 varsity sports
- Walsh Jesuit's sports teams have won 47 state championships and 7 national championships
- Numerous intramural athletics are offered
- Approximately 7,500 "men and women for others" have graduated from Walsh Jesuit Accreditations for Walsh Jesuit High School include: Ohio Department of Education North Central Association Commission on Schools Jesuit Secondary Education Association Ohio Catholic School Accrediting Association
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stow Grades: 6-12 | 843 students
4687 Wyoga Lake Rd
Stow, OH 44224
(330) 929-0575 0.2 6-12
- Akron Grades: 9-12 | 810 students
1 Holy Cross Blvd
Akron, OH 44306
(330) 773-6658 9.2 9-12
- Cleveland Grades: 9-12 | 595 students
6000 Queens Hwy
Cleveland, OH 44130
(440) 886-0300 20 9-12
- Akron Grades: 9-12 | 622 students
15 N Maple St
Akron, OH 44303
(330) 253-9113 7.5 9-12
WJ positively changes the whole person by educating the mind, heart and spirit. A welcoming community like no other. Your student will learn to be extraordinary, a deep thinker and caring.
- Posted by Parent - Alumni Parent
Best dollars for college, best campus, best leaders, best care for the kids---and now best stadium too!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Pete
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.