Western Reserve Academy
Western Reserve Academy Photo #2 - RESERVE learning WRA is an ideal place to learn and grow with rich academics and empowering opportunities.
Western Reserve Academy Photo #3 - RESERVE community Our school is set apart by our tight-knit community and the meaningful connections created here every day.
- Founded in 1826 as a preparatory school for WesternReserveCollege, Western Reserve Academy is one of the oldestboarding schools in the nation and the premier private high schoolof its kind in the Midwest.
- WRA offers a challenging curriculum that prepares our 400students for future academic success-and for leading purposeful,fulfilling lives.
- Attending WRA is a transformational experience, where studentslearn to strive for excellence, live with integrity and act withcompassion.
Western Reserve Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||396 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||C, CL Art History, CL French Language and Culture, CL German Language and Culture, CL Latin Literature, CL Mandarin Chinese, CL Music Theory, CL Seminars in Literature, CL Spanish History and Literature, CL United States History, Composition and Rhetoric|
|Average SAT score||1333|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / Feb. 14 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$60,850|
|Tuition Notes||$60,850 boarding / $39,600 day|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$28,881|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jenni Biehn|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Western Reserve Academy is a tight-knit, diverse community with400 students who come from 26 states and 16 countries. Known forour academic rigor, our faculty 80 percent of whom live on campusand who are all involved in residential and student activities pushstudents to reach their full potential, often helping studentsrealize heights they never considered. Beyond the classroom, ourathletic teams, drama, music, dance, art programs and student clubshelp students put into action what they have learned in ourdiscussion-based classes.The academic rigor is set against abackdrop of Midwestern values that help us achieve excellence whileliving with integrity and compassion.
- We strongly encourage you to visit our campus. At WRA we meetwith every applicant and family. We are committed to getting toknow you nd providing you with an in-depth look at all of WRA'sopportunities. We are confident that once you come to campusyouwill immediately experience "All Things Uniquely Reserve."
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stow Grades: 6-12 | 852 students
4687 Wyoga Lake Rd
Stow, OH 44224
(330)929-0575 4.4 6-12
- Claremont Grades: 9-12 | 410 students
1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
(909)482-5214 2029.1 9-12
- Lakeville Grades: 9-12 | 600 students
11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
(860)435-3102 415.9 9-12
- Deerfield Grades: 9-12 | 648 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
(413)774-1400 462.8 9-12
- Gill Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
(413)498-3227 470 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.