Saint Ignatius High School
- Top Ranked OH School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 1,506 students
- Yearly Tuition: $18,360
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 23 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 20
Saint Ignatius High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
Academics and Faculty
(Shirt and tie)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Academic Challenge, Archery Club, Billiards, Broadcast Journalism, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Circus Company, Culinary Club, DJ Club, French Club, Greek Student Union, Latin Club, Math Club, Model UN, Multicultural Club, National Honor Society, NERF Club, Ploughmen, Pre-Health Society, Pre-Law Club, Robotics Club, SADD, School Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Ski Club, Speech and Debate, Stage and Tech Crew, Student Senate, Student Sports Information Department, Yearbook, Young Authors Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Artists in Residence, Band, Chorus, Harlequins
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Golfers for Others, Intramural Sports
- Saint Ignatius High School, which opened its doors September 6, 1886, is a Jesuit college-preparatory school. The school enrolls over 1,500 young men who hail from 96 cities in a nine-county region. Located in close proximity to downtown Cleveland in the vibrant and energetic Ohio City neighborhood, the school occupies 21 acres and includes 19 buildings and three athletic fields. The school has 120 faculty members, 70 percent of whom have spent 10 years or more teaching at Saint Ignatius.
- Academically, Saint Ignatius is a regional and state leader in National Merit finalists and Advanced Placement scholars. The Class of 2021 qualified 12 students as National Merit Semifinalists, 1 student as a College Board National Recognition Program Scholar, and an additional 16 students as Commended Students. We also had 283 students receive Advanced Placement scholar honors this year. Nearly 100 percent of Saint Ignatius students go on to four-year college programs at universities across the United States.
- In September 2009, the school was designated a Blue Ribbon school by the U.S. Department of Education. In 2016, the school was designated an AP Capstone Diploma school by the College Board. The Class of 2019 was the first group of students who were eligible to participate in this program as sophomores (AP Capstone Seminar) and juniors (AP Capstone Research).
- As important as academics are, the spiritual program of the school is an essential component that sets Saint Ignatius apart from any other school in Northeast Ohio. While respecting all faith traditions, Saint Ignatius is a Catholic high school rooted in Jesuit spirituality. A four-year theology program, annual spiritual retreats, frequent liturgies, and opportunities for service to those in need are mainstays.
Endorse Saint Ignatius High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards