Saint Ignatius High School
- A Saint Ignatius student is a religious person. He has a basic knowledge of the major doctrines, practices and spirituality of the Catholic Church.
- He strengthens his relationship with a religious tradition and community.
- (What is said here, respectful of the conscience of the individual, also applies to the students of other religious backgrounds.) Saint Ignatius students consistently receive academic recognition from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation: in 2015-16 we have 21 Semifinalists, 22 Commended Students and 2 National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholars.
- Almost sixty percent of the teachers have been at the school ten or more years, and almost fifty percent of them are Ignatius graduates who have returned to the school to support and continue its reputation for academic excellence. Ninety percent of the professional staff hold advanced degrees.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||1500 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||105 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(shirt and tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Patrick O'Rourke|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- A unique mix of spiritual, academic, artistic, and athletic opportunities and successes.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ClevelandGrades: 9-12 | 656 students
6000 Queens Hwy
Cleveland, OH 44130
- ClevelandGrades: 9-12 | 419 students
2900 Martin Luther King Jr Drive
Cleveland, OH 44104
- LakewoodGrades: 9-12 | 863 students
13500 Detroit Ave
Lakewood, OH 44107
- ClevelandGrades: 9-12 | 330 students
12425 Granger Rd
Cleveland, OH 44125
- ClevelandGrades: 9-12 | 814 students
6740 State Road
Cleveland, OH 44134
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.