Archbishop Hoban High School
- Archbishop Hoban High School is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory high school serving 815 students on a 75-acre campus in East Akron, Ohio.
- On average 97 percent of seniors enroll in a two or four-year college following graduation.
- Hoban is committed to making Catholic education available to an economically, academically and ethnically diverse student population.
- The Brothers of Holy Cross founded the school in 1953 to serve boys from grades 9 through 12.
- In 1973, the school became coed. In 1976, the lay Board of Directors assumed major governance responsibilities.
- The Board continues to work with the Brothers, who now sponsor the school.
- The 64 faculty members have an average career of 16 years of experience.
- Of the faculty members, 75% hold master`s degrees and three have doctorates.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 13:1. Archbishop Hoban High School is accredited by the State of Ohio, the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association.
Archbishop Hoban High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||810 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||64 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2D Design, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1240|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki-style pants & school polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,350|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Julie Stieber|
|Admissions Associate||Sara Stone|
|Endowment Size||$11 million|
|Total Sports Offered||23 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Diving, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Cycling,
Football, Freestyle Skiing,
Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Weightlifting, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||45 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Challenge, Akron Roundtable Luncheons, Ambassadors, Animal Care League, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Creative Writing Club, Entrepreneurship Club, eSports Club, First Friday Club Luncheons, French Club, Gourmet Food Club, Green Knights Environmental Club, Harry Potter Club, Hoban Troubadours, Italian Club, Junior Classical League, Knights for Life, LEAP: Leaders in Envonmental Awareness and Protection, Math Competitions, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, National Honor Society: Seat of Wisdom Chapter, Peace and Justice Club, Peer Mentors, Project HOPE, Revolutionary War History Day, Robotics Team, SADD, Science Olympiad, Service Committee, Sophisticated Students of History Club, Spanish Club, Star Wars Club, Student Council, Student Literary and Arts Magazine: Fifth Avenue Review, Student Newspaper: The Visor, Student Yearbook: The Way
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Choir, Drama Club, Fine Arts Club, Music Ministry, Steel Drum Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- We are a Catholic high school in the Holy Cross tradition. We celebrate our diversity, value each person, and welcome one another with the hospitality of Christ. As a family of learners, anchored in gospel values, we empower each other to grow spiritually, develop intellectually and reach out in service to others. Within an innovative and orderly learning environment we are committed to challenging each student in both heart and mind to be a compassionate individual, a lifelong learner, and a responsible steward of God`s creation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Akron Grades: K-8 | 99 students
539 S Arlington St
Akron, OH 44306
(330) 785-9116 0.4 K-8
- Akron Grades: 9-12 | 622 students
15 N Maple St
Akron, OH 44303
(330) 253-9113 2.3 9-12
- Lakewood Grades: 9-12 | 946 students
13500 Detroit Ave
Lakewood, OH 44107
(216) 221-3776 32.9 9-12
- Stow Grades: 6-12 | 852 students
4687 Wyoga Lake Rd
Stow, OH 44224
(330) 929-0575 9.3 6-12