- StarChild Academy offers high quality, educationally-oriented pre-school, private kindergarten, and after-school programs for parents who want the very best learning environment for their children.
- StarChild Academy has schools in the following Orlando, Florida communities: Apopka/Wekiva, Hunter's Creek, Lake Mary, Oviedo, Waterford Lakes, Windermere, and Winter Garden.
- StarChild Academy's educational philosophy is to provide your child with the skills necessary to excel in school and life.
- Our philosophy is based on traditional values and proven curricula that recognize the importance of each individual child's interests and talents.
- StarChild Academy offers specially designed, customized curricula for each age group.
- Our programs feature nationally-recognized curricula taught by well trained, caring teachers.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||432 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki pants and navy logo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by age of student.|
|Admissions Director||Cindy Zimmermann|
|Admissions Associate||Cindy Zimmermann|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Martial Arts, Soccer, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
- StarChild Academy provides the highest quality children`s programs for those parents who want the very best in education, personal development, and safety for their children. For infants through after-schoolers, StarChild Academy provides it all at convenient locations with extended hours and affordable tuition rates. One look and you will see why StarChild Academy is the best decision for your child`s future and your own peace of mind. Highlights include: open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.; structured programs based on traditional values and proven curricula; full-day and part-time programs; programs for ages 6 weeks through 12 years including infants, toddlers, preschool, Pre-K, before-school, and after-school; hot meals and snacks served daily in our dining rooms; and, monthly Parent`s Night Out programs. Select StarChild Academy locations offer private Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade, and/or Third Grade programs with individualized attention and proven curricula. StarChild Academy`s state-of the facilities feature: bright, open classrooms with tempered glass walls in all rooms so all activities are visible to everyone; video cameras in all classrooms so that you can watch your child from your home or office via the Internet; telephones in every classroom that allow you to talk directly with your child`s teachers; separate playgrounds for each age group with safe, age-appropriate equipment; and, extensive safety features throughout our schools. StarChild Academy maintains a credentialed, caring, and nurturing staff of professional teachers. All staff members are CPR and first aid certified. StarChild Academy is a place where your child will grow academically, mentally, physically, and socially. StarChild Academy`s strong academic curriculum includes: phonics-based reading and writing including the Open Court, A Beka, and High Reach Cuddle Bugs programs; math including the Saxon Math program; science; social studies; foreign languages such as Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, Hindi, Spanish, French, German, and American Sign Language; arts & crafts; and, music. StarChild Academy schools offer additional extra-curricular activities such as: dance, karate, gymnastics, computers, art, soccer, keyboard piano, violin, and guitar. StarChild Academy`s school-age programs include before-school care, after-school care, and programs during school breaks and holidays. Our programs include transportation to and from local public schools, nutritious after-school snacks, homework club in a quiet area, planned arts & crafts, video games, computers, and large playgrounds with sports. Our summer camp programs include exciting, active field trip schedules along with many interesting guest speakers. StarChild Academy has six conveniently located schools in the Orlando, FL area including Hunter`s Creek, Lake Mary, Oviedo, Waterford Lakes, Wekiva, and Winter Garden. In addition to the communities just mentioned, our student population includes children from: Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Casselberry, Forest City, Geneva, Kissimmee, Lake Buena Vista, Longwood, Maitland, Mount Dora, Ocoee, Sanford, Windermere, and other Central Florida communities. StarChild Academy is much more than just a day care or child care center ... we have developed a reputation for having the strongest academic preschool program in Central Florida! StarChild Academy now offers child day care franchises in Florida. StarChild Academy ... "Where Your Child Is a STAR!"
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LongwoodGrades: 2-12 | 156 students
3221 Sand Lake Rd
Longwood, FL 32779
ApopkaGrades: K | 37 students
502 S Hunt Club Blvd
Apopka, FL 32703
LongwoodGrades: K-8 | 637 students
1275 Learning Loop
Longwood, FL 32779
625 Executive Park Court
Apopka, FL 32703
ApopkaGrades: K-7 | 55 students
1001 Roger Williams Rd
Apopka, FL 32703