Stella Maris Academy
- Stella Maris Academy strives to provide an environment in which students can develop their intellectual abilities, learn to make moral decisions, and be formed in Christian values and attitudes.
- As educators, we are dedicated to the holistic belief that the total child's needs are to be addressed.
- We are concerned about meeting the individual needs of each student as a journey toward positive self-esteem.
- Children who believe in themselves believe they can learn. Through a positive approach to learning, we try to challenge, support and facilitate the development of each student's initiative, creativity and leadership potential.
- Stella Maris welcomes students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin.
- Although we are a Parochial School of Mary, Star of the Sea Catholic Church, children from other parishes as well as children of other religions are accepted as space is available.
- The faculty and staff of Stella Maris Academy affirm the rights and responsibilities of parents as the primary educators of their children.
- We recognize that the Catholic School is one of the most effective means of assisting parents in their educational task.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Jolla Grades: K-8 | 253 students
2390 Nautilus St
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)459-6074 1.5 K-8
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 1.2 NS-8