Stella Maris Academy
Tel: (858) 454-2461
- Stella Maris Academy strives to provide an environment in which students can develop their intellectual abilities, learn to make moral decisions, and be formed in Christian values and attitudes.
- As educators, we are dedicated to the holistic belief that the total child's needs are to be addressed.
- We are concerned about meeting the individual needs of each student as a journey toward positive self-esteem.
- Children who believe in themselves believe they can learn. Through a positive approach to learning, we try to challenge, support and facilitate the development of each student's initiative, creativity and leadership potential.
- Stella Maris welcomes students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnic origin.
- Although we are a Parochial School of Mary, Star of the Sea Catholic Church, children from other parishes as well as children of other religions are accepted as space is available.
- The faculty and staff of Stella Maris Academy affirm the rights and responsibilities of parents as the primary educators of their children.
- We recognize that the Catholic School is one of the most effective means of assisting parents in their educational task.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||174 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Jolla Grades: K-8 | 269 students
2390 Nautilus St
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858) 459-6074 1.5 K-8
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858) 454-0184 1.2 NS-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.