Summerfield Waldorf School
Tel: (707)575-7194 Ext. 102
Summerfield Waldorf School Photo #2 - Roots and Shoots parent-child classes for infants and toddlers provide a peaceful and nurturing experience for parent and child. The program offers support and guidance for families as they begin to establish routines that encourage the healthy development of the growing child. These classes provide a place, week after week, for children to enrich their wold beyond their family circle.
Summerfield Waldorf School Photo #3 - Our preschool and kindergarten programs provide children with a calm and joyful experience that is filled with magic and reverence. Each child's developmental journey is met with interest and care, and the Waldorf classroom environment at Summerfield nourishes the children physically, emotionally and socially.
Summerfield Waldorf School Photo #4 - Our Lower School curriculum is dynamic and diverse, offering humanities, mathematics, science and the arts. Mastery of the traditional academic disciplines is interwoven with artistic and practical activities to provide a dynamic and engaging educational experience for every student. Unique to Waldorf elementary education is the class teacher who stays with a class from 1st to 8th grade, which allows the community to grow together, developing social cohesion.
Summerfield Waldorf School Photo #5 - Summerfield High School's curriculum inspires students to be active in their own learning and to ultimately understand how to educate themselves. Students conduct their own science experiments, create their own main lesson books, present lessons to one another, and engage in group work and seminar-style conversations in every class.
Summerfield Waldorf School Photo #6 - Summerfield's farm produces a seasonal bounty of fruits, vegetables and flowers, and is a core part of the curriculum for classes from preschool through 12th grade. We are the only school in the state that integrates a working Biodynamic farm into our curriculum; protected by a land trust, the farm is a foundational part of our campus and our ethic.
- Based on a developmental understanding of the learning process and a view of the child that takes human spirituality seriously, Summerfield Waldorf School offers students a comprehensive learning environment designed to challenge and support them in strengthening their cognitive, emotional and intentional abilities.
- We strive to support the growth of social awareness and active tolerance, and to give students the experiential background they need to meet new challenges in a creative and responsible manner.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress guidelines available through school office)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost varies by grade|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Tracy Saucier|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
High School Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm teaches students to be creative, critical thinkers with a strong moral compass, who are open and resilient, and can turn challenges into possibilities. This approach to learning integrates the arts with academic rigor, and experiential, hands-on activities. Students are provided with the opportunity to take risks, think imaginatively and embrace new opportunities with initiative, creativity, and resilience.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Rosa Grades: PK-6 | 76 students
1569 Brush Creek Rd
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
(707)539-7980 7 PK-6
- Santa Rosa Grades: K-9 | 37 students
431 Humboldt St
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
(707)528-0721 5 K-9
- Santa Rosa Grades: K-2
50 Mark West Springs Rd., Ste. 500
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(707)303-7127 5 K-2
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.