Temple Baptist Academy
Tel: (865) 938-8181
- Temple Baptist Academy is a ministry of the Temple Baptist Church in Powell.
- Since its establishment in 1971, the Academy has served area families by providing a quality Christian education for students, preschool through 12th grade.
- Temple Baptist Academy is an accredited, agency-approved member of the Tennessee Association of Christian Schools and, as such, is recognized by the Tennessee State Department of Education.
- The program of the Academy places a strong emphasis on academic fundamentals through traditional classroom instruction.
- All subjects are taught in light of biblical truth. Social development is encouraged through the teaching of good manners, high moral standards, respect for parents and authority, and patriotism.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||221 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Grades: 9-12 | 627 students
9245 Fox Lonas Rd
Knoxville, TN 37923
(865) 560-0313 7.8 9-12
- Norris Grades: 2-12 | 44 students
17 Ridgeway Rd
Norris, TN 37828
(865) 494-5554 11.8 2-12
- Oak Ridge Grades: K-12 | 68 students
535 Oak Ridge Tpk.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
(865) 481-2519 11.4 K-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?