Temple Baptist Academy
- Temple Baptist Academy is a ministry of the Temple Baptist Church in Powell.
- Since its establishment in 1971, the Academy has served area families by providing a quality Christian education for students, preschool through 12th grade.
- Temple Baptist Academy is an accredited, agency-approved member of the Tennessee Association of Christian Schools and, as such, is recognized by the Tennessee State Department of Education.
- The program of the Academy places a strong emphasis on academic fundamentals through traditional classroom instruction.
- All subjects are taught in light of biblical truth. Social development is encouraged through the teaching of good manners, high moral standards, respect for parents and authority, and patriotism.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Knoxville Grades: 9-12 | 627 students
9245 Fox Lonas Rd
Knoxville, TN 37923
(865)560-0313 7.8 9-12
- Norris Grades: K | 55 students
17 Ridgeway Rd
Norris, TN 37828
(865)494-5554 11.8 K
- Oak Ridge Grades: K-12 | 68 students
535 Oak Ridge Tpk.
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
(865)481-2519 11.4 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.