Tel: (318) 766-4384
- Tensas Academy serves 187 students in grades Prekindergarten-12 and is a member of the State or regional independent school association and the Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS).
- The student:teacher of Tensas Academy is 12:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||187 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Tensas Academy is a small rural private school serving Tensas Parish as well as communities in surrounding parishes. It provides a quality college prep education program in a safe, close-knit, homelike environment with high expectations of students academically, socially, and spiritually in grades K3 through twelve. Tensas Academy is accredited by the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools and the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education. Tensas Academy, an independent college preparatory school which operates under a Board of Directors, offers instruction from Pre-K3 through grade 12. The school, located in St. Joseph, Louisiana, was founded in 1970. It seeks to develop each student to his/her fullest potential academically, physically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. The school adheres to the following goals: Encourage within each student a respect for self, family, community, school, state and nationDevelop within each student a pride for self, family, community, school, state and nationNurture within each student a sincere desire to continue to learnTensas Academy admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities, generally accorded or made available to students at school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.The enrollment of the school is approximately 200. The ratio of faculty to students is 1:14.
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Tensas Academy is Adams County Christian School (25.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Natchez Grades: PK-12 | 429 students
300 Chinquapin Ln
Natchez, MS 39120
(601) 442-1422 25.6 PK-12
- Natchez Grades: PK-12 | 650 students
701 N Dr Ml King Jr St
Natchez, MS 39120
(601) 442-2531 26.4 PK-12
- Natchez Grades: PK-K | 73 students
8 Orange Ave
Natchez, MS 39120
(601) 442-3947 26.7 PK-K
- Vidalia Grades: 6 | 1 students
204 Airport Road
Vidalia, LA 71373
(318) 336-9576 27.9 6
- Ferriday Grades: K-12 | 38 students
7280 Highway 84
Ferriday, LA 71334
(318) 757-4731 27.9 K-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.