The Academy @ Metropolitan School of the Arts
5.00 (1 review)
- We are a groundbreaking independent school located just south of Washington, DC, serving students in grades 7-12.
- The Academy at Metropolitan School of the Arts prepares students for a rewarding future in college, career and life by offering an accredited college preparatory academic program alongside a conservatory style performing arts training program in the areas of dance, music, theater and general arts.
- We achieve excellence in arts and academic education through a unique approach to teaching and learning.
- Our methodology encourages a nurturing, supportive and inspiring culture where students earn the confidence to propel themselves toward reaching their highest potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, European History, French Language and Culture, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Statistics, US Government and Politics, US History, World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,300|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 7-8 = $18,750 Grades 9-12 = $22,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Louise Hislop|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, DanceBallet, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Acting and Theater, Dance, Music Lessons, Music Theater, Vocal Music and Vocal Performance
- Metropolitan School of the Arts is a the only private performing arts high school in the Washington, DC area. Each year, we offer training in dance, music and theater to some of the nation`s most inquisitive, curious and motivated young artists. We offer a middle school program for students in grades 7-8 and a conservatory style training program for grades 9-12.
- All students will be surrounded and supported by equally passionate and invested students, facutly, visiting artists, and staff, with whom they`ll collaborate and learn in the classroom, the studio, and on stage. Our dedicated faculty members are seasoned professionals who are deeply connected to the performing arts community in Washington, D.C. and beyond. With their guidance, students perfect their skills and develop a framework for understanding both their craft and the vital role that arts play in enriching cultures and strengthening communities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montgomery Grades: K-12
2328 Fairlane Dr
Montgomery, AL 36116
(334)213-0803 677.1 K-12
- Tallahassee Grades: PK-7 | 78 students
406 N Bronough St
Tallahassee, FL 32301
(850)222-6605 703.9 PK-7
My daughter graduated from the Academy at MSA in 2017 and is thriving in the performing arts college of her choice with a 3.9 GPA! MSA is a fabulous pre-professional conservatory school.
- Posted by Parent - Kathi
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.