The Academy Of Ability
5.00 (1 review)
- The Academy of Ability is a private, not-for-profit school for children with physical and learning disabilities.
- We provide individualized learning plans that challenge students to achieve their full academic and physical potential.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- We strive to develop an individualized program of instruction to meet each child`s needs and challenge each student to advance to meet his or her potential. Our slogan is living and learning because learning to live is equally important as making the grade, which is why we focus on academics and life skills. Academics are essential for developing physical, cognitive, and emotional skills for living. It is equally important to provide opportunities to participate in every area of life, including community integration, independent living, performing arts, and sports and recreation. We host a variety of events that allow our students to take center stage in life. These include stage productions of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," talent shows, prom and so much more. These opportunities build confidence for future success. We have a maximum enrollment of 30 students as a larger organization becomes increasingly difficult to maintain quality intervention and services that your children deserve. We strive to be caring, not corporate as to help our kids feel comfortable and "at home" while at the Academy of Ability. We are an equal opportunity school and offer entrance to students independent of their ethnic, race or religious preferences. By working hand-in-hand with parents and members of the community, our students have done amazing things. We only expect more as we continue to develop this unique program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Grades: 6-12 | 75 students
3305 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32806
(407)852-3300 9 6-12
I need some information about your school ,what kind of disability you attendant, and if the student can obtain a High school Diploma
- Posted by Parent - marie
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.