- The mission of Avalon School is to provide a nurturing, success-oriented learning environment that allows our students to maximize their learning strengths and abilities so they may work to their individual potential.
- To realize this mission, Avalon employs its research based techniques, which emphasize small class size, a comprehensive communication component, ability level instruction and a nurturing learning environment.
- The Avalon research team has developed and added to the educational research base in the fields of "Success oriented education" and "Success oriented reading.".
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oviedo Grades: K-12 | 59 students
848 Executive Dr
Oviedo, FL 32765
(407)678-8889 11.7 K-12
- Orlando Grades: K-12 | 328 students
9580 Curry Ford Rd
Orlando, FL 32825
(407)243-2211 11.4 K-12
It took us two years to get our daughter in but worth the wait. She graduated last year and is an A student at Valencia. What an amazing place for my darter to turn her life around. God bless Avalon.
- Posted by Parent - Phil
Dr. Shafer is an amazing educator. He leads a group of skilled teachers who love their students. Avalon is an amazing place 8 years later.
- Posted by Parent - Karen
Dear Sir, I am a mother of three Muslim kids 13 ,12 and 9 years old. We will be in the US soon and keenly interested to join them in your esteemed school. Need to know all about the fees and if Avalon School consider they are non-Christian WHEN DEALING WITH RELIGIOUS SUBJECTS AND FOOD. thank you Yani (mother)
- Posted by Parent - yanma