UCP Of Central Florida
Tel: (407) 852-3300
Middle and high school students deserves a unique and safe place of their own! A small school with individualized attention focused on their abilities not their disabilities.
A place with a passionate and caring staff with specific expertise and training for students with disabilities.
The UCP Transitional Learning Academy allows for a holistic and inter-disciplinary team approach with teachers, physical, speech and occupational therapists, and other support team members working together to ensure each child reaches their fullest potential.The UCP Transitional Learning Academy Campus houses four tuition FREE programs:Tuition Free Middle School Charter SchoolTuition Free High School Charter SchoolMcKay Private SchoolTuition Free College/Career Transition Program (for 18-21 Year Old Students with disabilities).
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Admissions Director||Julia Santana|
- UCP Transitional Learning Academy Middle Charter School 6th 8th Grade Tuition FREE
- The transition to Middle School is a challenging one for any student. UCP TLA Middle School provides the extra attention middle school students with disabilities and delays need to succeed. This program is for student not on a traditional diploma track. The tuition free charter school includes:
- Differentiated and small group instructionProject Based LearningSocial Skills DevelopmentArt Integration Visual, Music, Dance, and Performing ArtsTechnology Integration/Adapted TechnologyAdaptive Physical EducationPre-vocational explorationPhysical, Speech and Occupational Therapy (per IEP) and additional services available
- UCP Transitional Learning Academy Private School 6th 12th Grade (McKay Scholarship Tuition Free Eligible)
- Even though they are on a standard diploma track, some students with disabilities or delays need a more individualized and smaller environment to succeed. The UCP Transitional Learning Academy McKay Private School is the answer!Differentiated and small group instructionProject Based LearningArt Integration Visual, Music, Dance, and Performing ArtsTechnology Integration/Adapted TechnologyAdaptive Physical EducationPre-vocational and vocational explorationGED Exit OptionsPhysical, Speech and Occupational Therapy available through Medicaid, Commercial Insurance and Private Pay
- UCP Transitional Learning Academy High Charter School 9th 12th Grade/Through Age 21 Tuition FREEStudents in high school are getting ready to transition to adulthood. At UCP Transitional Learning Academy, we work with each student to develop an individual plan to gain the necessary skills for success including the new Florida Diploma options for students with disabilities.9th 12th Grade High School Program (Non-Standard Diploma Track):Differentiated and small group instructionProject Based LearningArt Integration Visual, Music, Dance, and Performing ArtsTechnology Integration/Adapted TechnologyAdaptive Physical EducationVocational explorationPhysical, Speech and Occupational Therapy (per IEP) and additional services available
- College/Career Transitional Experience For 18 21 year Olds (Non-Standard Diploma Track) Tuition FREEThis program will provide hands on instruction for work options and the opportunity to be part of college through recreational and course audits experiences.Daily living SkillsCommunity experiencesVocational InstructionWork experiences through internshipsJob placement/job coachingReal life applications of math, reading and writingCollege experiences through partnerships with the University of Central Florida and Valencia State College.College/Career Transition Program An opportunity for young adults who have earned a special high school diploma to participate in a college social experience, gain valuable employment skills through training and internships and improve their life skills.
- UCP also offers 6 other campuses serving PreK-5th Grade at tuition free charter schools throughout Central Florida. For more information on these programs: https://www.ucpcfl.org/campuses/
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 220 students
653 Wetherbee Rd
Orlando, FL 32824
(407) 851-9800 7.9 PK-8
- Orlando Grades: NS | 31 students
514 E Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 32803
(407) 218-4345 2.2 NS
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.