The Christ School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Middle-level students at The Christ School are prepared for the 21st century through a rigorous continuum of learning. Each grade level provides scaffolding to maximize learning potential in each content area.
The Christ School embraces technology: 100% of classrooms equipped with SMART Boards, video projection, and audio enhancement technology. 90 student iPads (4 carts) for students in grades TK - 1. Students in grades 3 - 5 are equipped with iPads. All middle school students are equipped with Chromebooks. Classrooms are equipped with student computers. Computer lab.
Our Science curriculum provides a challenging, exploratory learning environment. The scientific method is applied through hands-on labs, field trips and an annual science fair. Areas of study include Earth Science, Life Science and Physical Science.
The Christ School believes that participation in sports is an important part of your child's education. It is the goal of The Christ School to teach our athletes quality competition and sportsmanship that they will display and enjoy for a lifetime.
- The Christ School partners with families to provide an academically rigorous and Christ-centered K 8 experience. TCS students and graduates confidently pursue excellence in scholarship, service and leadership. The Christ School is located in downtown Orlando on the campus of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando. The Christ School is an independent school accredited by Christian Schools of Florida and Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)/Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC) and has been awarded membership on the Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA).
- The Christ School serves students in transitional kindergarten through 8th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools of Florida|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||375 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,865|
|Tuition Notes||Transitional Kindergarten $9,678 Lower School Kindergarten – 5th grade $10,753 Middle School 6th – 8th grade $11,403|
|Admissions Director||Joanne Fleming|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Chapel Club, Chess Club, Choir, Drama Club, intramural sports, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council, Ukulele Club Art Club, Chapel Club, Chess Club, Choir, Drama Club, Ukulele Club, intramural sports,|
National Junior Honor Society,
- The Christ School partners with families to provide an academically rigorous and Christ-centered K 8 experience. TCS students and graduates confidently pursue excellence in scholarship, service and leadership.
- The Christ School educates students academically, spiritually, physically and socially in a loving, caring community. Academic expectations are high for all learners which provide the foundation for developing a Christian worldview.
- The Christ School is located in downtown Orlando on the campus of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando. The Christ School is an independent school accredited by Christian Schools of Florida, Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS) and Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OrlandoGrades: NS-12 | 1153 students
2667 Bruton Blvd
Orlando, FL 32805
- OrlandoGrades: PK-12 | 1920 students
901 N Highland Ave
Orlando, FL 32803
- OrlandoGrades: PK-12 | 242 students
700 Good Homes Rd
Orlando, FL 32818
- OrlandoGrades: PK-12 | 190 students
7101 Lake Ellenor Drive
Orlando, FL 32809
- OrlandoGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
4005 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
The education and community that The Christ School provides is like none other in Orlando. The teachers are exceptional. We have attended TCS for over 6 years and could not be happier. Our children are thriving socially, academically and spiritually. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Parent to 3 children
I love this school. The academics are wonderful and challenging. The teachers are knowledgeable and will respond back to you quickly. The extracurricular activities are good. The academic is second to one. We just love TCS. Our daughters are now so prepared when it comes to public speaking and have excelled so well in math and science.
- Posted by Parent - Graig H
The K-8 foundation our children received at The Christ School is bar-none. They were extremely well prepared for high school, rocked college and are now onto careers in medicine and law. Their foundation was set on Biblical principles that taught them who they are and whose they are. If you are thinking about The Christ School for your family ... Stop thinking and apply!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Fsucf
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.