The Christ School
5.00 (5 reviews)
The Christ School Photo #3 - The Christ School educates students academically, spiritually, physically and socially in a loving, caring community. Academic expectations are high for all learners which provide the foundation for developing a Christian worldview.
The Christ School Photo #4 - The Christ School is dedicated to providing the best education for the next generation. We are committed to not only improving the way we help students acquire knowledge but we also focus on the skills we help them develop.
The Christ School Photo #5 - The Christ School`s STEAM Lab is a premier educational space that allows our students to experiment, build, design, and learn. STEAM integrates the subject areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math and provides a framework for teaching the essential 21st century skills.
The Christ School Photo #6 - The Christ School embraces technology: 100% of classrooms equipped with SMART Boards, video projection, and audio enhancement technology. 90 Students in grades TK - 5 are equipped with iPads. All middle school students use Chromebooks. Classrooms are equipped with student computers.
- The Christ School is an independent school located in downtown Orlando that partners with families to provide academic excellence through an individualized, Christ-centered K - 8 experience. Lessons are focused on the 4 Cs: collaboration, communication, creative problem-solving and critical thinking. STEAM-based activities are infused across all subject areas and a growth-mindset is instilled in our students through daily words, actions and lessons. The Christ School is accredited by Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Cognia, and is a member of the Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA).
- The Christ School serves students in transitional kindergarten through 8th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Academic support|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,214|
|Tuition Notes||Transitional Kindergarten $10,366 Lower School Kindergarten – 5th grade $11,518 Middle School 6th – 8th grade $12,214|
|Admissions Director||Joanne Fleming|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bible Studies, Chapel Club, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Academies, Art Club, Choir, Drama Club, Ukulele Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Christ School is an independent school located in downtown Orlando that partners with families to provide academic excellence through an individualized, Christ-centered K - 8 experience.
- The Christ School educates students academically, spiritually, physically and socially in a loving, caring community. Academic expectations are high for all learners which provide the foundation for developing a Christian worldview.
- The Christ School is located in downtown Orlando on the campus of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando. The Christ School is an independent school accredited by Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS), Cognia, and is a member of the Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Grades: NS-12 | 256 students
7101 Lake Ellenor Drive
Orlando, FL 32809
(407)313-7222 5.5 NS-12
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 281 students
4005 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
(407)293-7691 3.6 PK-8
We could not have selected a better school to ground our children academically, socially and spiritually. NO school is perfect, but TCS comes close! Teachers love their students, students love their teachers; administration is supportive of both! Take a look and see what makes TCS special!
- Posted by Parent - TCS Alumni Parent
Our daughter is thriving at The Christ School! The teachers are amazing. The loving Christian atmosphere, challenging academics, as well as leadership, public speaking and service opportunities have helped our child be a confident leader. There are many extracurricular activities to choose from so the students can explore interests and discover new passions. We highly recommend The Christ School!
- Posted by Parent - TCS parent
The education and community that The Christ School provides is like none other in Orlando. The teachers are exceptional. We have attended TCS for over 6 years and could not be happier. Our children are thriving socially, academically and spiritually. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Parent to 3 children
I love this school. The academics are wonderful and challenging. The teachers are knowledgeable and will respond back to you quickly. The extracurricular activities are good. The academic is second to one. We just love TCS. Our daughters are now so prepared when it comes to public speaking and have excelled so well in math and science.
- Posted by Parent - Graig H
The K-8 foundation our children received at The Christ School is bar-none. They were extremely well prepared for high school, rocked college and are now onto careers in medicine and law. Their foundation was set on Biblical principles that taught them who they are and whose they are. If you are thinking about The Christ School for your family ... Stop thinking and apply!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Fsucf
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.