The Christ School
5.00 (4 reviews)
The Christ School Photo #3 - The Christ School believes that participation in sports is an important part of your child's education. It is the goal of The Christ School to teach our athletes quality competition and sportsmanship that they will display and enjoy for a lifetime.
The Christ School Photo #5 - Our Science curriculum provides a challenging, exploratory learning environment. The scientific method is applied through hands-on labs, field trips and an annual science fair. Areas of study include Earth Science, Life Science and Physical Science.
The Christ School Photo #6 - Middle-level students at The Christ School are prepared for the 21st century through a rigorous continuum of learning. Each grade level provides scaffolding to maximize learning potential in each content area.
The Christ School Photo #7 - The Christ School’s STEAM Lab is a premier educational space that allows our students to experiment, build, design, and learn. STEAM integrates the subject areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math and provides a framework for teaching the essential 21st century skills.
The Christ School Photo #8 - The Christ School embraces technology: 100% of classrooms equipped with SMART Boards, video projection, and audio enhancement technology. 90 Students in grades TK - 5 are equipped with iPads. All middle school students use Chromebooks. Classrooms are equipped with student computers. Computer lab.
- The Christ School partners with families to provide an academically rigorous and Christ-centered K 8 experience. TCS students and graduates confidently pursue excellence in scholarship, service and leadership. The Christ School is located in downtown Orlando on the campus of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando. The Christ School is an independent school accredited by Christian Schools of Florida and Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)/Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC) and has been awarded membership on the Council on Educational Standards and Accountability (CESA).
- The Christ School serves students in transitional kindergarten through 8th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools of Florida|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||325 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,214|
|Tuition Notes||Transitional Kindergarten $10,366 Lower School Kindergarten – 5th grade $11,518 Middle School 6th – 8th grade $12,214|
|Admissions Director||Joanne Fleming|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Bible Studies, Chapel Club, Chess Club, National Junior Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Academies, Art Club, Choir, Drama Club, Ukulele Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Christ School partners with families to provide an academically rigorous and Christ-centered K 8 experience. TCS students and graduates confidently pursue excellence in scholarship, service and leadership.
- The Christ School educates students academically, spiritually, physically and socially in a loving, caring community. Academic expectations are high for all learners which provide the foundation for developing a Christian worldview.
- The Christ School is located in downtown Orlando on the campus of First Presbyterian Church of Orlando. The Christ School is an independent school accredited by Christian Schools of Florida, Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS) and Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Grades: PK-12 | 199 students
7101 Lake Ellenor Drive
Orlando, FL 32809
(407)313-7222 5.5 PK-12
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 281 students
4005 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
(407)293-7691 3.6 PK-8
Our daughter is thriving at The Christ School! The teachers are amazing. The loving Christian atmosphere, challenging academics, as well as leadership, public speaking and service opportunities have helped our child be a confident leader. There are many extracurricular activities to choose from so the students can explore interests and discover new passions. We highly recommend The Christ School!
- Posted by Parent - TCS parent
The education and community that The Christ School provides is like none other in Orlando. The teachers are exceptional. We have attended TCS for over 6 years and could not be happier. Our children are thriving socially, academically and spiritually. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Parent to 3 children
I love this school. The academics are wonderful and challenging. The teachers are knowledgeable and will respond back to you quickly. The extracurricular activities are good. The academic is second to one. We just love TCS. Our daughters are now so prepared when it comes to public speaking and have excelled so well in math and science.
- Posted by Parent - Graig H
The K-8 foundation our children received at The Christ School is bar-none. They were extremely well prepared for high school, rocked college and are now onto careers in medicine and law. Their foundation was set on Biblical principles that taught them who they are and whose they are. If you are thinking about The Christ School for your family ... Stop thinking and apply!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Fsucf
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.