The First Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- The First Academy is an age 4 (as of Sept.1) to Grade 12 Christ-centered college preparatory school and a leader in the Christian school community. We also have a Pre ScPre-Schoolh to Age 3, A Home School Divison, A Special Needs Division, and The Virtual Academy.
- At all grade levels, the curriculum and classroom instruction on the TFA campus is focused on maximizing individual student achievement.
- Students benefit from a highly qualified faculty - many who have advanced degrees in their subject area - and a curriculum designed to meet or exceed all state and national academic benchmarks.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009, 2013|
|Total Students||1153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- The First Academy's mission is to prepare children for life as Christian leaders who choose character before career, wisdom beyond scholarship, service before self, and participation as a way of life.
- The First Academy is a 2A school and member of Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA). A number of our student athletes have been awarded Division I scholarships to play for colleges and universities throughout the US.
- For 29 years, Athletics has been a cornerstone of success in Central Florida high school athletics. Since its inception, TFA Athletics has earned 96 district titles, 35 regional titles, 40 individual state titles, and 10 team state championships. 72% of teams advance to regional tournament play. The First Academy offers 22 interscholastic sports and is home to a world-class athletic facility, the Payne Stewart Athletic Complex."Students of the Performing Art programs have received the highest possible rankings in band and theatre at the District and State level, and TFA visual art students have received awards from such notable entities as the Winter Park Art Festival, and Disney's Festival of the Masters.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OrlandoGrades: PK-12 | 1920 students
901 N Highland Ave
Orlando, FL 32803
OrlandoGrades: PK-12 | 242 students
700 Good Homes Rd
Orlando, FL 32818
OrlandoGrades: PK-12 | 190 students
7101 Lake Ellenor Drive
Orlando, FL 32809
OrlandoGrades: K-8 | 375 students
106 E Church St
Orlando, FL 32801
OrlandoGrades: K-12 | 874 students
9307 Curry Ford Road
Orlando, FL 32825
Caring, dynamic, school of excellence. We love The First Academy
- Posted by Parent - relat
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?