The First Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The First Academy is an age 4 (as of Sept.1) to Grade 12 Christ-centered college preparatory school and a leader in the Christian school community. We also have a Pre ScPre-Schoolh to Age 3, A Home School Divison, A Special Needs Division, and The Virtual Academy.
- At all grade levels, the curriculum and classroom instruction on the TFA campus is focused on maximizing individual student achievement.
- Students benefit from a highly qualified faculty - many who have advanced degrees in their subject area - and a curriculum designed to meet or exceed all state and national academic benchmarks.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009, 2013|
|Total Students||1153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kristi Summers|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- The First Academy's mission is to prepare children for life as Christian leaders who choose character before career, wisdom beyond scholarship, service before self, and participation as a way of life.
- The First Academy is a 2A school and member of Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA). A number of our student athletes have been awarded Division I scholarships to play for colleges and universities throughout the US.
- For 29 years, Athletics has been a cornerstone of success in Central Florida high school athletics. Since its inception, TFA Athletics has earned 96 district titles, 35 regional titles, 40 individual state titles, and 10 team state championships. 72% of teams advance to regional tournament play. The First Academy offers 22 interscholastic sports and is home to a world-class athletic facility, the Payne Stewart Athletic Complex."Students of the Performing Art programs have received the highest possible rankings in band and theatre at the District and State level, and TFA visual art students have received awards from such notable entities as the Winter Park Art Festival, and Disney's Festival of the Masters.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Grades: PK-12 | 199 students
7101 Lake Ellenor Drive
Orlando, FL 32809
(407)313-7222 3.7 PK-12
- Orlando Grades: K-12 | 670 students
9307 Curry Ford Road
Orlando, FL 32825
(407)275-8031 10.5 K-12
My name is Lener, I am 18 years old, I currently live in Colombia, I am 6 "00, I am an infielder and a gardener ... I am looking for an opportunity for a better future with a Major League organization or in a university, I wanted to know if There is some possibility ...I am looking forward to your response....
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lener
Caring, dynamic, school of excellence. We love The First Academy
- Posted by Parent - relat
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.