Orlando Junior Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Orlando Junior Academy was established in 1906 to provide quality elementary education in a Christ-centered environment.
- Orlando Junior Academy offers an exciting learning environment for Pre-K through eighth grade.
- Established in 1906, it has a long history of providing quality christian education.
- Strong leadership has helped OJA to grow into a vibrant, Christ-centered school where children develop in body, mind and spirit.
- It's a place where Christian teachers use the Bible as the key to unlock the secrets of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Orlando Junior Academy was established in 1906 to provide quality elementary education in a Christ-centered environment. Orlando Junior Academy offers an exciting learning environment for Pre-K through eighth grade. Established in 1906, it has a long history of providing quality christian education. Strong leadership has helped OJA to grow into a vibrant, Christ-centered school where children develop in body, mind and spirit. It's a place where Christian teachers use the Bible as the key to unlock the secrets of learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 615 students
5902 Oleander Dr
Orlando, FL 32807
(407)277-3973 4.8 PK-8
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 281 students
4005 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
(407)293-7691 1.3 PK-8
This is a great school with teachers, staff, students and others who actually care about you unlike other schools. They all treat you like a part of a family, a family in Christ with brothers and sisters and adults who are like aunts and uncles. Great curriculum. OJA focuses on each student and helps them learn in different ways. You have access to the gym, cafeteria, launch lab, school clinic, office, outdoors. You have different classes like engineering or tinkering, choir, band, computer sciences, arts, sports, the edible schoolyard garden across the street, and many other things. But most importantly you get all the necessary classes like Bible, math, science, English Language Arts, social studies and more! I recently graduated from here and have great experiences here. Great school for your children in all grades.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - GM
We selected OJA because of the creative experiential learning environment using the nutritional science lab, edible education experience garden, technology, art, music, language, and sports integrated with core curriculum. We have been thrilled with the dedicated, caring teachers who go above and beyond to help our students learn, grow and succeed.
- Posted by Parent - 4shel
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.