Orlando Junior Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (407) 898-1251
- Orlando Junior Academy was established in 1906 to provide quality elementary education in a Christ-centered environment.
- Orlando Junior Academy offers an exciting learning environment for Pre-K through eighth grade.
- Established in 1906, it has a long history of providing quality christian education.
- Strong leadership has helped OJA to grow into a vibrant, Christ-centered school where children develop in body, mind and spirit.
- It's a place where Christian teachers use the Bible as the key to unlock the secrets of learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Orlando Junior Academy was established in 1906 to provide quality elementary education in a Christ-centered environment. Orlando Junior Academy offers an exciting learning environment for Pre-K through eighth grade. Established in 1906, it has a long history of providing quality christian education. Strong leadership has helped OJA to grow into a vibrant, Christ-centered school where children develop in body, mind and spirit. It's a place where Christian teachers use the Bible as the key to unlock the secrets of learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 601 students
5902 Oleander Dr
Orlando, FL 32807
(407) 277-3973 4.8 PK-8
- Orlando Grades: PK-8 | 329 students
4005 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32804
(407) 293-7691 1.3 PK-8
This is a great school with teachers, staff, students and others who actually care about you unlike other schools. They all treat you like a part of a family, a family in Christ with brothers and sisters and adults who are like aunts and uncles. Great curriculum. OJA focuses on each student and helps them learn in different ways. You have access to the gym, cafeteria, launch lab, school clinic, office, outdoors. You have different classes like engineering or tinkering, choir, band, computer sciences, arts, sports, the edible schoolyard garden across the street, and many other things. But most importantly you get all the necessary classes like Bible, math, science, English Language Arts, social studies and more! I recently graduated from here and have great experiences here. Great school for your children in all grades.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - GM
We selected OJA because of the creative experiential learning environment using the nutritional science lab, edible education experience garden, technology, art, music, language, and sports integrated with core curriculum. We have been thrilled with the dedicated, caring teachers who go above and beyond to help our students learn, grow and succeed.
- Posted by Parent - 4shel
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.