The Alexander Dawson School
- The Alexander Dawson School at Rainbow Mountain is a nonprofit independent school for preschool through grade eight located in the Summerlin community of Las Vegas, Nevada. Situated on 33 beautiful acres, the campus features a 24/7 manned security gate, offerring a secure learning environment for students.
- Students are taught, mentored and coached by highly qualified, dedicated faculty and staff with accomplishments in their respective areas of expertise.
- They are committed to innovative teaching methods to ensure the student body is academically competitive with the best independent schools across the country.
- With a low student:faculty ratio, students receive hands-on, individual support in the classroom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||516 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||94 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood (3 & 4 yrs old) $16,175 K-4: $22,970 5-8: $23,700 1/2 day PS and PK is available.Tech fees apply.Included in tuition: lunch, snacks, books, basic classroom supp (incl instruments for orchestra, cameras, etc), day field trips|
|Admissions Director||Stella Finfrock|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Junior Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Bears After School Enrichment Classes (rec sports, arts, music, special interests)
- Overall 7:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Test scores competitive nationally with independent schools
- Regional, state and national awards and rankings garnered by students in math, science and engineering, and fine arts
- World language offerings include: Spanish and Mandarin in Early Childhood through the fourth grade, and grade five through eight (Spanish, French, and Mandarin)
- Integration of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Innovative, state-of-the-art technology with 1:1 laptop ratio grades 2-8
- Balanced Literacy Program in the Lower School and a focus on phonemic awareness, reading, spelling and writing in preschool through kindergarten
- Authors-in-Residence Program brings published authors into the classrooms for extended instruction
- Over 20,000 volumes in the Dawson Library and a Leveled Book Room in the Lower School
- Variety of performing and visual arts electives, including photography, ceramics, painting, musical theater, orchestra and choir
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las VegasGrades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
- Las VegasGrades: NS-8 | 965 students
3275 Red Rock St.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Las VegasGrades: NS-8 | 482 students
5825 W Eldora Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Las VegasGrades: NS-12 | 595 students
9700 W. Hillpointe Road
Las Vegas, NV 89134
- Las VegasGrades: K-12 | 38 students
7570 Peace Way
Las Vegas, NV 89147
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.