The Auburn School
- The Auburn School is an independent day-school with a specialized program which offers a stimulating educational program for intellectually engaged students with challenges in the areas of communication, socialization, language, and organization.
- Auburn`s program simultaneously supports the development of academic skills, social competency and pragmatic language in an engaging educational environment.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Ivey|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frostburg Grades: 3-12 | 26 students
605 Salem Drive
Frostburg, MD 21532
(301)689-8176 118.9 3-12
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 16 students
3800 Frederick Ave
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410)233-1400 27.1 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.