The Boyd School-herndon
- At The Boyd School, we embrace a Montessori philosophy of education and create a warm, welcoming and secure place for children to challenge themselves and excel.
- In this environment, children develop their intellectual, social and physical abilities and talents to their fullest.
- We welcome family involvement, helping parents better understand the learning style and temperament of their child-and work together to maximize childrens strengths.
- The Boyd School is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools as well as American Montessori Society and is recognized by the Virginia Council for Private Education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition rate ranges from $817 - $1,721 depending on the program enrolled|
|Admissions Director||James Rice|
- Lolas Place at The Boyd School Herndon Campus is located in the Woodland Park area of Herndon minutes from the Dulles Toll Road and Centreville Road. The custom built school has been a part of the Herndon community since 2001. Each classroom features numerous windows allowing for an abundance of natural light in addition to the finely crafted Montessori materials in a carefully prepared and developmentally appropriate setting.
- Toddler (18 months - 3 years)
- Early Childhood (3 - 6 years)
- The Early Childhood program at the Herndon Campus offers children a unique opportunity to learn and grow. The accredited Montessori program guided by credentialed teachers promotes academic discipline through an individualized curriculum.
- Rich, Integrated Curriculum
- Children work with specifically designed materials to develop skills and are guided at their own individual pace. The class size at the Herndon Campus is well below the Fairfax County average allowing for additional individual attention.
- The Early Childhood program is enriched with an arts program as well as additional instruction in foreign language, physical education, and music.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.