The Boyd School-herndon
- At The Boyd School, we embrace a Montessori philosophy of education and create a warm, welcoming and secure place for children to challenge themselves and excel.
- In this environment, children develop their intellectual, social and physical abilities and talents to their fullest.
- We welcome family involvement, helping parents better understand the learning style and temperament of their child-and work together to maximize childrens strengths.
- The Boyd School is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools as well as American Montessori Society and is recognized by the Virginia Council for Private Education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition rate ranges from $817 - $1,721 depending on the program enrolled|
|Admissions Director||James Rice|
- Lolas Place at The Boyd School Herndon Campus is located in the Woodland Park area of Herndon minutes from the Dulles Toll Road and Centreville Road. The custom built school has been a part of the Herndon community since 2001. Each classroom features numerous windows allowing for an abundance of natural light in addition to the finely crafted Montessori materials in a carefully prepared and developmentally appropriate setting.
- Toddler (18 months - 3 years)
- Early Childhood (3 - 6 years)
- The Early Childhood program at the Herndon Campus offers children a unique opportunity to learn and grow. The accredited Montessori program guided by credentialed teachers promotes academic discipline through an individualized curriculum.
- Rich, Integrated Curriculum
- Children work with specifically designed materials to develop skills and are guided at their own individual pace. The class size at the Herndon Campus is well below the Fairfax County average allowing for additional individual attention.
- The Early Childhood program is enriched with an arts program as well as additional instruction in foreign language, physical education, and music.
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?