The Brandeis School of San Francisco
- The Brandeis School of San Francisco provides an education as vibrant, thoughtful, and imaginative as San Francisco's Jewish community.
- Inspiring students to lead lives of learning and purpose, we create a challenging academic environment and a welcoming, inclusive community deeply enriched by Jewish thought, values, and traditions. We offer a rich, integrated, and challenging curriculum combining general and Judaic studies.
- Rooted in Jewish values, our approach sets high standards and pays attention to individual needs and learning styles.
- We create a culture that offers a lifelong career for exceptional teachers as we prepare children to thrive in challenging high school environments.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||377 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,086|
|Tuition Notes||K-7: $31,086 Grade 8: $32,668Tuition includes all books, materials, supplies, field trips, and yearbook.|
|Admissions Director||Tania Lowenthal|
|Admissions Associate||Leslie Ticktin|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Band, Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At The Brandeis School of San Francisco, we believe that true learning happens only when knowledge is connected to purpose. We know that what our students learn at Brandeis today will matter to the world tomorrow, and we strive to educate people capable of making meaningful contributions. Our challenging K8 academic environment is focused on relevance and rooted in Jewish values, traditions, and culture.
- We make education matter for our students after Brandeis, and high schools welcome our graduates not just for their academic strength but also for their sense of purpose, community, and activism. Over 95 percent of our graduates are accepted into one of their top-choice high schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 49 students
834 28th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94121
(415)636-9770 4.3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 293 students
1555 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415)861-8840 5.3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 232 students
3839 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415)751-9318 5.3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-7 | 397 students
350 Masonic Ave
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415)931-2422 4.7 K-7
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 430 students
250 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415)565-0400 4.7 K-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.