The Brandeis School Of San Francisco
Tel: (415) 406-1035
The Brandeis School of San Francisco provides an education as vibrant, thoughtful, and imaginative as San Francisco's Jewish community.
Inspiring students to lead lives of learning and purpose, we create a challenging academic environment and a welcoming, inclusive community deeply enriched by Jewish thought, values, and traditions. We offer a rich, integrated, and challenging curriculum combining general and Judaic studies.
Rooted in Jewish values, our approach sets high standards and pays attention to individual needs and learning styles.
We create a culture that offers a lifelong career for exceptional teachers as we prepare children to thrive in challenging high school environments.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||364 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,086|
|Tuition Notes||K-7: $31,086 Grade 8: $32,668Tuition includes all books, materials, supplies, field trips, and yearbook.|
|Admissions Director||Tania Lowenthal|
|Admissions Associate||Leslie Ticktin|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Band, Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At The Brandeis School of San Francisco, we believe that true learning happens only when knowledge is connected to purpose. We know that what our students learn at Brandeis today will matter to the world tomorrow, and we strive to educate people capable of making meaningful contributions. Our challenging K8 academic environment is focused on relevance and rooted in Jewish values, traditions, and culture.
- We make education matter for our students after Brandeis, and high schools welcome our graduates not just for their academic strength but also for their sense of purpose, community, and activism. Over 95 percent of our graduates are accepted into one of their top-choice high schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 335 students
1555 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415) 861-8840 5.3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 49 students
834 28th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94121
(415) 636-9770 4.3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 232 students
3839 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 751-9318 5.3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: 6-12 | 1485 students
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415) 731-7500 2.9 6-12
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 403 students
350 Masonic Ave
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 931-2422 4.7 K-8
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.