The Burlington School
- As a Preschool-12 independent college preparatory school, The Burlington School partners with families who see education as an investment in their child`s future and an extension of their personal values.
- Our students flourish because they are given opportunities to discover their talents and their world in a safe, supportive culture.
- In addition to academic excellence, our students also excel in athletics and the arts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||302 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirts, no ripped pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade - please visit us online at: www.theburlingtonschool.org|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kelly Chappell|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alamance Youth Leadership Academy, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama, Handbells, Music, Rock Ensemble, Theater Arts, Visual Art
- The founders of Burlington Day School and The Elon School shared a similar vision. Though they were at different stages in their journeys, both were determined to provide an excellent independent education option for our community and were committed to similar core values in which students are challenged yet supported. In July 2013, BDS and TES merged to form a preschool-3 to 12th grade college preparatory school: The Burlington School. Rooted in core learning, character and community, our curriculum is progressive and focused on the creative and critical thinking skills needed in the 21st century. The core of our program is centered around the Triple A's: Academics, Arts, and Athletics. In a world of budget cuts, are students still receive an incredible arts education and an opportunity to play on a range of athletic teams. We develop our students` intellectual curiosity and further, their love of learning. Our students deserve the finest education, and we intend to provide it to them.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Grades: PK-12 | 606 students
621 6th Street
Burlington, NC 27215
(336)227-0288 0.9 PK-12
- Graham Grades: PK-12 | 371 students
Po Box 838
Graham, NC 27253
(336)578-0318 4.1 PK-12
- Raleigh Grades: PK-12 | 1189 students
7409 Falls Of Neuse Rd
Raleigh, NC 27615
(919)847-0900 47.9 PK-12
- Burlington Grades: PK-8 | 202 students
515 Hillcrest Ave
Burlington, NC 27215
(336)570-0019 0.3 PK-8
- Cary Grades: 6-12
101 Preston Executive Dr.
Cary, NC 27513
(919)481-2123 40.2 6-12
I am an alumna and a long-time employee of Burlington Day School and The Burlington School. My three daughters are also alumna of the school. It is a great environment for teaching and learning. The school offers strong academics and the opportunity for every student to participate in music, art, drama, athletics, technology, etc. The school prepared my daughters very well for the next steps in their educational journeys. I encourage anyone considering a private school in Alamance County to stop by and experience TBS first hand.
- Posted by Teacher - Lisa Richardson
TBS truly is a family! It's a great place for students to be themselves, learn in hands-on environments, push themselves, and discover more than they thought possible. They really are special and we love working with them!
- Posted by Teacher - TBS Staff
I learned to advocate for my own learning at TBS with teachers that always took the time to help me learn their material. I was exposed to many artsy things that I never would have at a public school. Though I am not the artsy kinda person, I learned to really appreciate fine and performing arts. I was an athlete and I was encouraged to try many sports and I found I really enjoyed them, again, something my public school friends did not get. I discovered my academic self at TBS and treasure the time I spent there.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Daria
I've been working at TBS for 8 months now, and I can't believe that all I heard about it was true. These students are respectful, incredibly talented, drive to succeed, well-rounded. The teachers I work with honestly care about their students and go above and beyond to work with them. I am very proud to work for a school that stands behind its mission statement.
- Posted by Administrator - Katie Pullman
We love everything about TBS. It gives an excellent foundation for students to grow and excel.
- Posted by Parent - Leslie
I have been a teacher at The Burlington School for the past 40 years. I have been apart of a changing and involving school atmosphere. I am proud to stand behind the Mission of the School which states "The Burlington School discovers in each child personal integrity, intellectual curiosity, and social responsibility; builds excellence in academics, arts and athletics; and helps each student become confident and uniquely successful in school and in life. I believe in this institution and have dedicated my life to serving the students. TBS is home!
- Posted by Teacher - TBS Teacher
Good day Am austin jay Ngalia am a 6 7foot basketball player I play center as my position am 14 year old am in grade 9 am looking for way to play in high school in USA to show what I have in me and to grow as a good basketball player and make my dream I love your school they are a good in sports and I will be happy to part of your school programme and gain good education thanks you sir
- Posted by Student/Alumni - austi