The Carmel School
- Our vision at The Carmel School is to become the finest co-educational, independent school in the region by providing challenging and enriching education within a Christian environment.
- The mission of The Carmel School is to prepare students for success in our ever-changing world by creating a community supportive of academic, physical, and spiritual growth rooted in Christian values to instill honor and integrity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus, Advanced Placement (AP) Chemistry, Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science Principles, Advanced Placement (AP) English Literature, Advanced Placement (AP) Environmental Science, Advanced Placement (AP) Government, Advanced Placement (AP) Human Geography, Advanced Placement (AP) Spanish, Advanced Placement (AP) Statistics|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki or Navy pants/jumpers/skirts and Navy, White or Light blue polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Samantha Romano|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Founded in 1986, The Carmel School's mission is to provide students for success in an ever-changing world by creating a community supportive of academic, physical and spiritual growth rooted in Christian values to instill honor and integrity.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fredericksburg Grades: NS-12 | 390 students
4105 Plank Rd
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
(540)786-4953 25.1 NS-12
- Fredericksburg Grades: PK-8 | 553 students
250 Stafford Lakes Pkwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
(540)286-1600 30.3 PK-8
Great teachers - creative, intelligent, fun and compelling. I enjoy listening to the fun anecdotes my daughter tells us about her days at school. The teachers go out of their way to help students succeed in whatever goals they set for themselves. I am amazed on a daily basis how much time and effort they give to the kids in their care.
- Posted by Parent - Jigs Tunney
Top Notch School! Challenging curriculum.
- Posted by Parent - Craig