The Carolyn Barron Montessori School
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (770) 253-2135
- The Carolyn Barron Montessori School was founded in 1993 to foster a love of learning and to educate children to be caring, socially responsible citizens of their community and world.
- The educational programs at CBMS involve children from 1.5 years of age through 14 years of age in five different programs: Toddler, Primary, Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary and Middle School.
- CBMS seeks to educate the whole child, applying the Montessori philosophy, in a family-oriented environment.
- The philosophy is based on the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori whose holistic vision of education focuses on the cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs of the child.
- For Dr. Montessori, and for CBMS, education is preparation for life.
- MISSION: For the children we serve, we are committed to a prepared, stimulating environment nurturing a lifetime love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
Georgia Accrediting Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||98 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our children exude a love of learning in a setting that fosters independence and discovery of themselves and the world around them. Literature, mathematics, science, history, physical health, art, music, cooking, and nature studies are interwoven to supply ample hands-on learning opportunities. We promote a strong focus on community harmony and social responsibility which develops simultaneously with the children’s learning experience. If you are seeking an excellent education for your child (from Pre-School/Toddler to Middle School), we invite you to observe one of our classrooms to discover how your child can realize his or her full potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newnan Grades: PK-12 | 436 students
2093 Highway 29 N
Newnan, GA 30263
(770) 253-9898 6.9 PK-12
Great School! Going there since I was little.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Johnny
This school has given back my child's love of learning. After a year of Kindergarten elsewhere, my son came to CBMS in 1st Grade. He was full of anxiety about trying to learn to read. Within a matter of months, his spark was back - and now heading into 3rd year, he is reading at a 6th grade level. This school provides a safe, nurturing environment where my child loves to learn and is able to reach is full potential - It is really the best combination and I couldn't ask for anything more!
- Posted by Parent - sbrow
What a wonderful way of learning! Both my daughter and son have flourished in this environment. It really is something that you must see! I''m amazed at how independent my children have become. It's always our job as parents, but it's wonderful that the school supports this. Laura, the director, has done a wonderful job of making the school warm and inviting. You will also never meet teachers such as Mrs. Nancy, Mrs. Mary, Mrs. Kelly, and Mrs. Courtney that love your children as if they were their own.
- Posted by Parent - Kdeli
This school season is our son's 3rd year at CBMS. We are very happy with the school and his progress. Everyone involved in the school is exceptional and has the children's best interest at heart. I recommend CBMS highly! Thank you.
- Posted by Parent - jensg
This is an exceptional school. It has a committed, highly educated, and very experienced board of directors at the helm. They are supported by a director with decades of experience and a proven track record. The staff and teachers are very experienced and passionate about the students. All these factors coupled with an intense focus on the Montessori method and the joy of learning promote an excellent learning environment. Our children, as well as their peers, are far ahead of their private and public school counterparts. While other private schools are struggling and have shrinking enrollment, CBMS is quickly growing because results speak for themselves.
- Posted by Parent - jnick
Amazing! So grateful we found this wonderful school for our daughter. She has learned so much and the sense of community at CBMS is unmatched! The staff and teachers have been wonderful and I am very appreciative of the excellent communication found here. We plan to be a part of this wonderful school for years to come.
- Posted by Parent - Kakfo
Our son has been attending CBMS for three years. We are continually amazed at the quality of education our son is receiving. His confidence and enthusiasm for learning is a tribute to the excellent program. His teachers are knowledgeable and caring - and highly qualified with certifications in both AMI and PAMS. Recently, our son has made huge strides in his math skills, with skills well above his grade level. I really can't say enough good things about the strength and quality of this program!
- Posted by Parent - lara.
The school is amazing. The staff is more than knowledgable in the Montessori philosophy. My son has really blossomed there.
- Posted by Parent - maryb
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?