The Center For Discovery
- The Adult Services Program at the Center for Discovery provides quality caring and support designed to help each individual maximize his or her full potential.
- Dedicated and values driven staff, in conjunction with integrated clinic and health care services, provide rich and rewarding home lives for nearly 100 adults ranging in age from 21 to 90.
- The Center for Discovery offers programs to children ages 3-21 diagnosed with significant disabilities including autism, pervasive developmental disorders, cerebral palsy, mental retardation, neurological impairments and many other low incidence and syndromes.
- All of our students have mild to severe cognitive delays and most have significant language and social impairments.
- Approximately 40% of the children are ambulatory and the remaining are non-ambulatory.
- Our program, through our Article 28 Clinic, provides on-site medical, physical, and psychological support including primary medicine, primary dental, neurology, psychology, monthly psychiatric, podiatry, etc.
- Children participate in our program as community-based preschoolers ages 3 through 5, and as community-based and residentially based school age children ages 5 through 21.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||274 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed The Center For Discovery also viewed these schools: Ascent School For Individuals With Autism.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Deer Park Grades: 2-12 | 21 students
819 Grand Blvd Ste 2
Deer Park, NY 11729
(631) 254-6100 98 2-12