- The Adult Services Program at the Center for Discovery provides quality caring and support designed to help each individual maximize his or her full potential.
- Dedicated and values driven staff, in conjunction with integrated clinic and health care services, provide rich and rewarding home lives for nearly 100 adults ranging in age from 21 to 90.
- The Center for Discovery offers programs to children ages 3-21 diagnosed with significant disabilities including autism, pervasive developmental disorders, cerebral palsy, mental retardation, neurological impairments and many other low incidence and syndromes.
- All of our students have mild to severe cognitive delays and most have significant language and social impairments.
- Approximately 40% of the children are ambulatory and the remaining are non-ambulatory.
- Our program, through our Article 28 Clinic, provides on-site medical, physical, and psychological support including primary medicine, primary dental, neurology, psychology, monthly psychiatric, podiatry, etc.
- Children participate in our program as community-based preschoolers ages 3 through 5, and as community-based and residentially based school age children ages 5 through 21.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Kiamesha LakeGrades: PK-8 | 41 students
Po Box 239
Kiamesha Lake, NY 12751
South FallsburgGrades: PK-11 | 196 students
Po Box 580 Laura Park Road
South Fallsburg, NY 12779
LibertyGrades: PK-5 | 105 students
121 Lincoln Pl
Liberty, NY 12754
BarryvilleGrades: UG | 2 students
35 Hillside Rd
Barryville, NY 12719
CuddebackvilleGrades: 7-12 | 169 students
140 Galley Hill Rd
Cuddebackville, NY 12729
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.