The Childrens Place
The Childrens Place Photo #2 - Developing concentration, coordination and confidence with our Montessori Practical Life activities.
- Our school serves children from 18 months through 6th grade.
- As a Montessori program we focus on each student as an individual, helping them to learn and grow in a way that builds on their existing skills to discover new abilities and interests.
- We know that children are naturally enthusiastic learners, and they are learning every day - not just academic skills but also emotional and social skills.
- All of these skills are intertwined and all are essential.
- We also know that children learn best when they are truly engaged and can work at their own pace.
- Our classrooms are very hands-on with lots of concrete experiences.
- We want your child to love learning as much as we do! We have been serving South Bay families since 1998 and many of our teachers have been with us 10 years and longer.
- Our school community is dedicated to helping your child reach their full potential.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, Our program adapts to multiple learning styles|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call the school for current tuition information! 310-328-6313.|
- The most important requirement for a student's success in a Montessori program is the parent's positive attitude and support for Montessori education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gardena Grades: 1-11 | 19 students
16219 S Western Avenue
Gardena, CA 90247
(310)532-4850 3.4 1-11
- Gardena Grades: K-5 | 113 students
16311 S Western Ave
Gardena, CA 90247
(310)527-0348 3.4 K-5
- Fountain Valley Grades: NS-2 | 184 students
18410 Brookhurst St
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714)593-8333 23.6 NS-2
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.