The City School
- The City School provides an academically excellent Christian education.
- By training the minds and discipling the hearts of our students, we prepare them for excellence in their life-long pursuit of learning.
- Our dedicated staff teach and model the Christian worldview as the context for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,800|
|Tuition Notes||We offer over $1 million per year in financial aid to make our education accessible for families in the city.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
|Admissions Director||Kimberly Jones|
|Admissions Associate||Jake Becker|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Weightlifting, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society, Photography, SAT Prep, Strategic Gaming Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Art, Choir, Dance, Drama, Handbells/Chimes (Lower School)
- The City School`s mission is to train students` minds, disciple their hearts and bring light to the city-one child at a time. For almost 40 years, our commitment to this mission has guided us as we prepare students to thrive in school, in college, at home and in life.
- Training Minds: Our rigorous college-preparatory program prepares students for success in their lifelong pursuit of learning. We instill a genuine love of learning in our students.
- Discipling Hearts: We care for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our students. Values like love, forgiveness and grace are taught and modeled every day. The name of Jesus is glorified, and students are taught to see all truth in light of the Christian worldview.
- Bringing Light to the City: Our students work to redeem the neighborhoods they love. We view the city from a perspective of hope and renewal, celebrating its beauty and actively working to heal its brokenness.
- One Child at a Time: We value each student as an individual, uniquely created in the image of God. Small class sizes ensure each student is given the one-on-one attention they need to succeed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 571 students
17th St & Benjamin Franklin
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- PhiladelphiaGrades: 1-12 | 311 students
2101 S College Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19121
- WynnewoodGrades: NS-12 | 753 students
1101 City Avenue
Wynnewood, PA 19096
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-12 | 947 students
3000 W School House Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19144
- PhiladelphiaGrades: K-8 | 191 students
1939 S. 58th Street, PO Box 5520
Philadelphia, PA 19143