The City School
- The City School providesanacademicallyexcellentChristianeducation. By training the minds and discipling the heartsofourstudents,weprepare them for excellence intheirlife-longpursuitoflearning.
- Our dedicated staff teach and model theChristianworldviewasthecontext for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,240|
|Tuition Notes||We offer over $1 million per year in financial aid to make our education accessible for families in the city.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kimberly Jones|
|Admissions Associate||Jake Becker|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Indoor Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society, Photography, SAT Prep, Strategic Gaming Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Art, Choir, Dance, Drama, Handbells/Chimes (Lower School)
- The City School`s mission is totrainstudents`minds,discipletheir hearts and bring light to thecity-onechild atatime. Foralmost 40 years, our commitment to thismissionhasguidedus as weprepare students to thrive in school, incollege,athomeand inlife.
- Training Minds:Ourrigorouscollege-preparatoryprogrampreparesstudents for success intheirlifelong pursuitoflearning. Weinstill a genuine love oflearninginourstudents.
- Discipling Hearts: We care forthephysical,emotionalandspiritual needs of our students.Valueslikelove,forgivenessandgrace are taught and modeled every day. ThenameofJesusisglorified, and students are taught to see all truthinlightoftheChristian worldview.
- Bringing Light to the City: Our studentsworktoredeemtheneighborhoods they love. We view the cityfromaperspectiveofhope and renewal, celebrating its beautyandactivelyworkingtoheal its brokenness.
- One Child at a Time: We value eachstudentasanindividual,uniquely created in the image ofGod.Smallclasssizesensureeach student is given the one-on-oneattentiontheyneedtosucceed.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 573 students
17th St & Benjamin Franklin
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215)561-5900 1.3 PK-12
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 71 students
2210 E Susquehanna Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19125
(215)426-1909 1.2 PK-12