The City School
Tel: (215) 792-6224
The City School Photo #7 - Fairmount Campus-860 N. 24th Street, Phila. 19130 Serving Grades Pre-K(4) -5
- The City School provides an academically excellent Christian education.
- By training the minds and discipling the hearts of our students, we prepare them for excellence in their life-long pursuit of learning.
- Our dedicated staff teach and model the Christian worldview as the context for life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||546 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Honors American Literature, Honors Modern Literature, Honors Spanish IV – independent study, We partner w/ local colleges to provide a Dual enrollment program and robust advanced placement course offerings|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,640|
|Tuition Notes||We offer over $1 million per year in financial aid to make our education accessible for families in the city.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kimberly Jones|
|Admissions Associate||Jean Marie Staico|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Indoor Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Indoor Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Weightlifting, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Honor Society, Photography, SAT Prep, Strategic Gaming Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Yearbook, Yes there are more
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Art, Choir, Dance, Drama, Handbells/Chimes (Lower School)
- The City School`s mission is to train students`minds,disciple their hearts and bring light to the city-onechild at a time. For over 40 years, our commitment to this mission has guided us as we prepare students to thrive in school, in college, at home and in life.
- Training Minds: Our rigorous college-preparatory program prepares students for success in their lifelong pursuit of learning. We instill a genuine love of learning in our students.
- Discipling Hearts: We care for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of each student.Values like love, forgiveness and grace are taught and modeled every day. The name of Jesus is glorified, and students are taught to see all truth in light of the Christian worldview.
- Bringing Light to the City: Our students engage in their communities to enhance the neighborhoods they love by using their gifts and talents for the greater good. We view the city from a perspective of hope and renewal, celebrating its beauty and actively working to heal its brokenness.
- One Child at a Time: We value each student as an individual, uniquely created in the image of God. Small class sizes ensure each student is given the one-on-one attention they need to succeed.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 600 students
17th St & Benjamin Franklin
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 561-5900 1.3 PK-12
- Philadelphia Grades: K-8 | 191 students
1939 S. 58th St.
Philadelphia, PA 19143
(215) 724-6858 4.8 K-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.