The Donoho School
The Donoho School Photo #2 - Donoho offers fine arts of the highest caliber and engaging enrichment and community service opportunities.
The Donoho School Photo #3 - The Donoho School athletic program offers 22 athletic teams that complement the school's mission. Included are the objectives of developing self-confidence, determination, effort, control, and motivation while instilling respect, pride, and commitment to a goal. Coaches are committed to promoting skills development, team play, and sportsmanship at all levels.
The Donoho School Photo #4 - For the past five years, graduating classes have averaged more than $4 million in merit based scholarships and an average composite score of 27.05 on the ACT (20.8 national).
- The Donoho School empowers me to live with honor, engage my passion, act with humility, and delight in wisdom,.
The Donoho School places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Alabama Association of Independent Schools (AAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||347 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, French, Microeconomics, Spanish, US Government, US History|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Graduated scale ranging from $4755 for PK4 to $9494 for grades 9-12|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Katie Newton|
|Admissions Associate||Sunnie Cotton|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic teams, Band, Chorus, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Students, FOCUS Club, Forensics, Honor Council, National Honor Society, Student Government Association|
- Ranked the 4th Best Independent School in the state of Alabama two years running (niche.com)
- Donoho provides an outstanding college preparatory experience, 22 athletics teams, highest-caliber fine arts, and numerous opportunities for student enrichment and community service.
- Donoho enjoys a record of 100 percent acceptance of its students into college
- The Donoho School averages a 27.5 ACT composite, while the state of Alabama's independent school averages a 22 composite.
- The academic facilities are designed to accommodate the college preparatory program and accentuate the learning environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anniston Grades: PK-12 | 325 students
4100 Ronnaki Road
Anniston, AL 36207
(256)236-4499 1.4 PK-12
- Anniston Grades: PK-12 | 264 students
16 Morton Rd
Anniston, AL 36205
(256)237-4231 5 PK-12
- Gadsden Grades: Inquire with school | 8 students
1147 Walnut Street
Gadsden, AL 35901
(256)546-9176 28 Inquire with school
- Phoenix Grades: PK-12 | 787 students
14400 N Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602)992-5100 1502.2 PK-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.