The Donoho School
Tel: (256) 237-5477
The Donoho School Photo #2 - Donoho offers fine arts of the highest caliber and engaging enrichment and community service opportunities.
The Donoho School Photo #3 - The Donoho School athletic program offers 22 athletic teams that complement the school's mission. Included are the objectives of developing self-confidence, determination, effort, control, and motivation while instilling respect, pride, and commitment to a goal. Coaches are committed to promoting skills development, team play, and sportsmanship at all levels.
The Donoho School Photo #4 - For the past five years, graduating classes have averaged more than $4 million in merit based scholarships and an average composite score of 27.05 on the ACT (20.8 national).
The Donoho School empowers me to live with honor, engage my passion, act with humility, and delight in wisdom,.
The Donoho School places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- ACT Score Highest average ACT score
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Alabama Association of Independent Schools (AAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, French, Microeconomics, Spanish, US Government, US History|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Graduated scale ranging from $4755 for PK4 to $9494 for grades 9-12|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Katie Newton|
|Admissions Associate||Sunnie Cotton|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic teams, Band, Chorus, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Students, FOCUS Club, Forensics, Honor Council, National Honor Society, Student Government Association|
- Ranked the 4th Best Independent School in the state of Alabama two years running (niche.com)
- Donoho provides an outstanding college preparatory experience, 22 athletics teams, highest-caliber fine arts, and numerous opportunities for student enrichment and community service.
- Donoho enjoys a record of 100 percent acceptance of its students into college
- The Donoho School averages a 27.5 ACT composite, while the state of Alabama's independent school averages a 22 composite.
- The academic facilities are designed to accommodate the college preparatory program and accentuate the learning environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anniston Grades: NS-12 | 325 students
4100 Ronnaki Road
Anniston, AL 36207
(256) 236-4499 1.4 NS-12
- Anniston Grades: PK-12 | 259 students
16 Morton Rd
Anniston, AL 36205
(256) 237-4231 5 PK-12
- Gadsden Grades: 7-12 | 7 students
1147 Walnut Street
Gadsden, AL 35901
(256) 546-9176 28 7-12
- Phoenix Grades: PK-12 | 787 students
14400 N Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602) 992-5100 1502.2 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.