The Frisch School
- The raison d'etre of The Frisch School, as a unique educational institution of Bergen County, is to promote the values and study of the Judaic heritage as defined within the Written Law (Bible) and Oral Law (Talmud).
- We believe that every human being is created in the image of God, and therefore endowed with inherent worth.
- Furthermore, the human expression and experience are worthy of study, understanding, and evaluation.
- We believe that the Jewish People have been selected by God for a way of life which endows them with sanctity.
- The Jewish people are distinct by virtue of their adherence to both the ethical and ritual precepts of Torah (Jewish Law).
- It is this distinction which we believe is worthy of promotion and perpetuation through the Jewish learning and living experience.
- We believe that the creation of the State of Israel is one of the seminal events in Jewish history.
- We seek to instill in our students an attachment to the State of Israel and its people as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||548 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31|
|Admissions Director||Rabbi Jonathan Schachter|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North ArlingtonGrades: 9-12 | 380 students
191 Rutherford Place
North Arlington, NJ 07031
- LivingstonGrades: PK-8 | 547 students
110 S Orange Avenue
Livingston, NJ 07039
- NewarkGrades: 7-12 | 95 students
88-108 Shipman Street
Newark, NJ 07102
- RoselleGrades: 9-12 | 354 students
350 Raritan Rd
Roselle, NJ 07203
- KearnyGrades: NS-12 | 198 students
22 Wilson Avenue
Kearny, NJ 07032