The Garden Road School
- The Garden Road School's philosophy is centered on education of the whole child.
- Throughout our curriculum, academics, creative arts and core human values merge to meet the needs of each and every student's individual learning styles.
- The result is a holistic setting in which each child's potential is realized and nurtured.
- Our academic approach implements experiential, sensory, all-round learning, with application into practical living.
- Our studies are integrated with the arts: music, dance, theater, movement, singing, and fine arts.
- This program provides an opportunity for the children to develop and interact socially, to enhance their language and reference fields and to develop their fine and gross motor skills, in a caring, nurturing environment.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Albany Grades: PK-12 | 335 students
135-140 Academy Road
Albany, NY 12208
(518)429-2300 93.2 PK-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 289 students
801 Bartholdi Street
Bronx, NY 10467
(718)944-0958 29.3 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-12 | 235 students
8515 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
(718)238-3308 47.3 NS-12
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.