The Goddard School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The Goddard School uses the most current, academically endorsed methods to ensure that children from six weeks to six years old have fun while learning the skills they need for long-term success in school and in life.
- Talented teachers collaborate with parents to nurture children into respectful, confident and joyful learners.
- The Goddard School's AdvancED and Middle States-accredited F.L.EX. Learning Program reaches more than 45,000 students in 430+ Goddard Schools in 35 states.
- The Goddard School's comprehensive play-based curriculum, developed with early childhood education experts, provides the best childhood preparation for social and academic success.
- To learn more about The Goddard School, please visit www.goddardschool.com. Learning for fun. Learning for life.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sheeba Mathew|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lutherville Timonium Grades: NS | 113 students
1609 Kurtz Avenue
Lutherville Timonium, MD 21093
(410)252-3867 16.5 NS
- Ellicott City Grades: PK-K | 11 students
3604 Chatham Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042
(410)461-2911 4.2 PK-K
This is a high priced school that provides acceptable child care. The children are somewhat of a priority but the teachers are considered disposable. Many are college educated and work long hours for salaries around $10-$12 an hour, often working for free at home on weekends and evenings, and are let go for various small infractions. One benefit for teachers is to have their kids in the school at 1/2 price but teachers are always told "Sorry. We''re full" so that they won't lose income which is what they care most about. Our kids now go to a competitor that has a track record of keeping their teachers and staff happy. You have many choices. Unless this one is in your backyard go elsewhere.
- Posted by Teacher - isolu
I cannot express my gratitude enough for all the things that the Goddard School has done for my kids. My kids love coming to school everyday. Teachers are very interactive with the kids. We love the Goddard School in Marriottsville
- Posted by Parent - hrsam
Not Sure how we can possibly thank the Goddard School enough for all that you have done for us. How do we thank someone for keeping your children safe and feeling loved? We are eternally grateful. Goddard is a very special place, we feel very blessed that or family was able to be a part of it. time has just flown by, as time always does. Our family will always hold a special place in our hearts for Goddard and the amazing teachers.
- Posted by Parent - sheen
We love the Goddard School in Marriottsville!! We love the teachers, directors and the owner. My daughter loves to come to school.
- Posted by Parent - rebec
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.