Chapelgate Christian Academy
- CCA's mission is to provide academic excellence in a Gospel-centered environment, inspiring and equipping students in knowledge, passion, and faith.
- Our vision is to prepare students to glorify God as life-long stewards through creative, critical, and biblical thinking, influencing culture, and serving others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Executive function support, written language, Orton-Gillingham, study skills support|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Government, AP Physics, AP US History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Cindy Barr|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- Chapelgate Christian Academy's goal is to provide young people (grades 6-12) with a strong educational foundation. This foundation is rooted in a Christian worldview to equip our students to be successful in higher education, and to be salt and light in a fallen world. CCA is a school for students whose parents embrace a Christian worldview.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
(410) 312-7413 9.2 NS-8
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 620 students
5204 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
(443) 934-3896 14.9 PK-12
I cannot say enough good things about this school. The class sizes are small, the staff is caring and dedicated. They have a diverse population, international exchange students, and a Christian environment. Both of my daughters left high-achieving HoCo public schools to attend Chapelgate. My oldest put it best "I have met some nice enough people in my (previous) school, but this is the first time I am meeting kids who are KIND." Our entire family has benefitted from this change.
- Posted by Parent - vmont0
I have loved CCA since my oldest asked to attend there for high school. Since then all three of my children have graduated or are currently attending. The teachers are committed to a high quality of instruction and an even higher level of care and encouragement. The college preparation is amazing. My daughter is doing very well at UMD having been challenged to a high level. I feel that the teachers and staff know each of my kids and are deeply committed to their success academically. They encourage them spiritually as well. My children have also been given athletic opportunities that they might not have taken at another school. And they have made friendships that will last a lifetime. It is a gem of a school.
- Posted by Parent - CB
We were very pleased with our child's experience. Small class sizes and very caring teachers. School is small but diverse, and there is a strong Christian presence there.
- Posted by Parent - David B.
CCA is a great school with am amazingly diverse population
- Posted by Parent - Lm
This school is amazing!! It offers so many extracurricular activities and has a great staff. I would defiantly recommend this school to anyone!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Libti