Glenelg Country School
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 748 students
- Yearly Tuition: $30,340
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
(khaki pants & ties for boys, plaid or khaki skorts, jumpers, or pants for girls)
Finances and Admission
Anime/Graphic Novels, Battle of the Books, Black Awareness Club, Common Ground, Community Service, Debate/Seminar, DragonTV, Environmental Club, Food and Culture Club, Garden Club, International Club, It's Academic, Knitting Club, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Mock Trial, Newspaper Club, Photography Club, Robotics, Rocketry, School Council, Sign Language Club, Ski and Snowboard Club, Spirit Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama, Instrumental Music
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Fitness Club
- Little Dragons Program for ages 2-3 offers 9 or 12-month options for families seeking a quality early childhood learning experience using the Reggio Emilia approach.
- Lower School for Grades Pre-K through 5 offers class sizes of 12-18 and emphasizes project-based learning opportunities.
- Middle School for Grades 6 through 8 offers a strong curriculum including English, Social Studies, Science, World Language, Mathematics, Art, Music, Technology, Physical Education, and Electives in addition to competitive sports and a variety of leadership opportunities
- Upper School for Grades 9 through 12 provides a strong college preparatory curriculum with opportunities to further explore areas of interest in converging sciences, technology, engineering, the arts, mathematics, entrepreneurship, global leadership, and the humanities. Athletics and Community Service opportunities engage students in their community and enhance their learning experience.
Endorse Glenelg Country School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards