The Goddard School
- 2018 National Teaching Team of the Year Awarded At the Goddard School of Urbana, we are dedicated to fostering a fun, nurturing and enriching environment for both children and parents. Our educated and professional team provide every child with a superior educational experience. The knowledge gained will give your child unlimited lifelong opportunities.
- The Goddard School uses the most current, academically endorsed methods to ensure that children from six weeks to six years old have fun while learning the skills they need for long-term success in school and in life.
- Our M.S.D.E Accredited program will prepare your children for all of the opportunities to come.
- Talented teachers collaborate with parents to nurture children into respectful, confident and joyful learners. The Goddard School's AdvancED and Middle States-accredited F.L.EX. Learning Program reaches more than 45,000 students in almost 500 Goddard Schools in 35 states.
- The Goddard School's comprehensive play-based curriculum, developed with early childhood education experts, provides the best childhood preparation for social and academic success.
- To learn more about The Goddard School, please visit www.goddardschool.com. Learning for fun. Learning for life.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Dance, SoccerDance, Soccer,|
- School-ready: By going above and beyond any state and local education requirements, Goddard School teachers help students become academically proficient and ready for elementary school. When your child`s first-grade teacher asks a question, your child will be better prepared to answer it;
- Career-ready: Learning through experience promotes the development of communication, collaboration, creativity and critical-thinking skills. Companies look for these skills in the workforce, so developing those skills early on helps prepare children for success later in life;
- Life-ready: Encouraging children to discover and explore their interests empowers them to become happy, confident, self-aware, empathetic and self-directed with a lifelong love of learning. Whether your child has an interest in astronomy, writing, cooking or another subject, he or she should develop the drive to independently seek out information to fulfill that curiosity.
- STEAM learning (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) has become a vital part of early childhood education because these subjects help prepare children for life in the 21st century. STEAM-related jobs are included in the fastest-growing industries in the U.S. economy (Baird-Remba, Guey & Lubin, 2013).
- The number of STEAM-related jobs is expected to increase by the time your children grow up and join the workforce.We introduce STEAM early on to help children develop an interest in and passion for these subjects, which may encourage them to pursue STEAM-related careers. STEAM learning also helps children develop communication, collaboration, creativity and critical-thinking skills, which are valuable in any career path.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clarksburg Grades: NS-K | 80 students
1896, Urbana Pike, Suite 23.
Clarksburg, MD 20871
(301)874-1896 3.7 NS-K
- Frederick Grades: 3-12 | 25 students
4540 Mack Ave B
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)698-5665 5.3 3-12
- Frederick Grades: NS-PK
5220 Chairmans Court
Frederick, MD 21703
(301)631-1722 5.3 NS-PK
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.