The Joule School
The Joule School is a progressive, hands-on microschool for gifted learners. The school uses multi-age, ability based classes that allow students to work at their individual level of challenge. The curriculum is interdisciplinary, with a strong focus on experiential learning and emotional intelligence.
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
National avg.: 85%
- Joule was founded by a gifted/talented coordinator in Austin in 2013. The school accepts students at age 3 who are developmentally ready for kindergarten. Students leave the Joule for high school whenever they are ready, typically around 13-14 years old. The hallmarks of The Joule School's program are:
- extremely strong focus on character development
- global outlook in the school (especially world cultures and language)
- emphasis on humanities, especially literature and history
- interdisciplinary curriculum
- flexible grade placement - small groups are divided by ability, not age
- balance of teacher-led classes with independent, student-directed work periods
- diverse electives built into the curriculum (metal working, cooking, knitting, etc)
Endorse The Joule School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.