The King's Academy
5.00 (9 reviews)
Tel: (610) 926-9639
The King's Academy Photo #2 - TKA is a K-12 Christian education dedicated to developing the unique talents and gifts of students. We develop Christian thinkers who embrace the Gospel message, and our students graduate with strong Christian values that will guide them now and into the future.
The King's Academy Photo #3 - Our Junior Kindergarten program is for 4 and 5-year-olds and prepares students for Kindergarten. We have lots of hands-on activities, learning, and play, so our JrK students learn and grow every day. With 3 day or 5 day schedules, we can find just the right schedule that fits your family.
The King's Academy Photo #4 - Our Fine Arts department is amazing. We have art and music classes as well as private music lessons on different instruments including piano, violin, guitar, woodwind instruments and voice lessons.
The King's Academy Photo #5 - Our middle school and high school students love to have fun! With small class sizes and individualized care, students can grow academically as well as in godly character and leadership.
The King's Academy Photo #7 - Our international students bring a wonderful diversity to the school. A diverse campus prepares students for life in the 21st century and careers in a global economy. The program offers our students authentic opportunities to learn about themselves and the world they live in.
The King's Academy Photo #8 - Our teachers at TKA provide an excellent academic foundation for their students, but more importantly, they become family!
- The King`s Academy is a Christ-centered, private school serving students Berks and Schuylkill counties from preschool through high school.
- Since its founding in 1998, The King`s Academy has been dedicated to developing our student`s unique talents and gifts training them to be leaders who inspire others to be leaders as well.
- We are dedicated to developing a talented and diverse student body. We offer an alternative perspective to secular and public school thinking by training students in what it means to be lifelong disciples of Christ.
- We are prepared to offer in-building classes with CDC restrictions and recommendations in place. We also are prepared to offer online classes for students in need of more aggressive social distancing.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to moderate learning differences|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Physics, AP Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1300|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,900|
|Tuition Notes||We offer variable tuition. Variable tuition rates are based on each family's unique financial situation, making a King's Academy education available to as many as possible.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Shannon Bernard|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Community Service Club, KNN (King's Network News), Missions/Service, Service and Leadership Training (SALT), Technology
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Fine Arts
- At TKA, we believe every student deserves the opportunity to excel academically in an environment that nurtures their relationship with Christ and others. We are committed to recognizing the unique academic needs of each student while developing Christian character and godly wisdom. At TKA, teachers walk and talk with their students through complex issues and explore the world through a Biblical worldview. They remind students that there is a loving and good God, and they train them on how to express a better story than the one the world is offering one that redirects their hearts and minds towards God. The goal at TKA isn`t just to impart wisdom and knowledge but also to equip students with the tools they need to be lifelong Christ-followers! Check out our website for more information: https://www.kingsacademy.com/
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birdsboro Grades: PK-12 | 178 students
926 Philadelphia Ter
Birdsboro, PA 19508
(610) 582-1000 16.4 PK-12
- Lyon Station Grades: K-12 | 50 students
5 E Penn St
Lyon Station, PA 19536
(610) 682-2109 12.7 K-12
- Denver Grades: K-8 | 150 students
650 Gehman School Road
Denver, PA 17517
(717) 484-4222 18.3 K-8
- Fleetwood Grades: K-8 | 49 students
1083 Richmond Rd
Fleetwood, PA 19522
(610) 944-7555 8.4 K-8
- Geigertown Grades: K-12 | 259 students
200 Chapel Rd
Geigertown, PA 19523
(610) 286-5942 21.2 K-12
The thing I love about TKA is the way they define what is cool. It's actually cool to be smart!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Grace
The King's Academy to me is a place where I can go to feel safe and loved by the surrounding people. As I long as I have been attending the school, my relationship with God has been getting stronger and I know I am surrounded by a group of faithful teachers and students who I can learn from every day. Going to TKA has encouraged me to strive to be my best self and to honor the Lord in everything that I do. TKA to me is more than just a school, it is like a little family that gives me great opportunities to love and care for others.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Paige
At TKA, there is a great opportunity to grow closer to God with a very godly environment. TKA also means to me an amazing school with great teachers; it is a wonderful place that I am so glad to be going to.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - MorFre
TKA means a lot to me because it is more than just a school. The people in the school are family to me. That is an advantage that small schools like ours have.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - CaiRei
TKA is a school where the teachers try there best to show Christ's love while training us as the students to be leaders; that's what this school is like to me. But what this school means to me is Live to strive and love to strive and be a leader in God's eyes and others!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - JacobN
Two years in TKA as an international student and it couldn't have been better. I've met a lot of amazing people here, and I'm glad I get to be a part of this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - RebSon
I've taught at several public and Christian schools, and I can honestly say that teaching at TKA has been the dream job. The reason is the environment of support, love, collaboration, respect, and community. I feel like TKA is family, and I've never had that before. The small class sizes mean I get to really know my students and spend quality time teaching and coaching them. Without the need to 'teach to a test,' students get a full year of curriculum and are better prepared for college and beyond. Because it is a Christian school, I can have a biblical worldview which I love. I love TKA!
- Posted by Teacher - ShannonB
As an administrator at The King's Academy, I get to observe the inner workings of the school. What I see is a staff committed to Christ, Christian education, and their students. I am constantly amazed at their dedication to their students and their positive attitudes. Their creativity astonishes me as they bring their subjects to life. Students see TKA as a family, both students and staff, and it is a privilege to work here.
- Posted by Administrator - SBernard
Our family really likes The King's Academy. The staff is a blessing to our children. The class sizes are small and no child is left behind. Their academics are followed closely. I am informed of anything that affects my children. The administration is always very helpful and answer all our questions. I recommend the school to any parent and family!
- Posted by Parent - Kay
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.