Chor Day Academy
- The Children's Home of Reading continues to provide a treatment oriented residential environment for children and teenagers, as well as community-based services.
- The Children's Home is dedicated to determining the needs of children who are experiencing significant problems in life and meeting those needs in a qualitative manner.
- Prevention and education as well as traditional treatment methods are emphasized.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-11|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Reading Grades: K-12 | 50 students
345 N Wyomissing Blvd
Reading, PA 19610
(610)936-3673 1.2 K-12
- Reading Grades: NS-12 | 146 students
410 S 14th St
Reading, PA 19602
(610)372-8826 1.9 NS-12
- Reading Grades: K-7 | 168 students
53 Vermont Rd
Reading, PA 19608
(610)777-3080 7 K-7
- Bethlehem Grades: 1-12 | 57 students
2196 Avenue C
Bethlehem, PA 18017
(610)266-6500 34 1-12
- Fairchance Grades: 3-12 | 92 students
25 S Main St
Fairchance, PA 15436
(724)564-2860 205.4 3-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.