The Laurel School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (508) 896-4934
- The Laurel School serves 91 students in grades Prekindergarten-4 and is a member of the Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE).
- The student:teacher of The Laurel School is 7:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Art & Craft Clubs, Cooking Clubs, Creative Movement, Drama, Martial Art Clubs, Music, Nature & Horticulture, Newspaper Club, Pinewood Derby Club, Playhouse Theater Club, Private Music Lessons, Science Clubs, Sports & Activity Clubs, Tutoring|
- The school is a non-profit and non-sectarian institution offering educational programs for boys and girls from preschool through grade five. The Laurel School provides a loving, supportive environment promoting children with the opportunity, freedom, and trust to explore and learn. With consistent guidelines, structure and positive reinforcement children learn in an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Laurel School curriculum follows the Massachusetts Frameworks as a foundation but integrates fine arts, music, dance, environmental studies, physical education and Languages with the basics.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Barnstable Grades: PK-12 | 146 students
979 Mary Dunn Rd
Barnstable, MA 02630
(508) 790-0114 12.4 PK-12
- Osterville Grades: 1-8 | 17 students
2736 Falmouth Rd
Osterville, MA 02655
(508) 428-9178 18.2 1-8
- South Yarmouth Grades: PK-8 | 220 students
321 Wood Road
South Yarmouth, MA 02664
(508) 398-6112 8.3 PK-8
My daughter started at Laurel in pre-school and graduated fifth grade last year. We loved Laurel because it was such a nurturing and supportive environment while at the same time was academically demanding. It was not until My daughter started sixth grade at public school that We realized how academically superior Laurel is. She easily achieved straight A's this year in sixth and honestly could have skipped a grade. Amazing place!
- Posted by Parent - jayg
The Laurel is a small school with a BIG heart. We chose The Laurel School for our son because of its small class sizes, caring staff and engaging curriculum. The school works as a community to encourage responsibility, sensitivity and resourcefulness in all students.
- Posted by Parent - court
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.