The Learning Center
- The Learning Center, a non-profit foundation, has helped thousands of people through educational programs and psychological counseling.
- The Learning Center Foundation has an unparalleled reputation for working with individuals diagnosed with learning disabilities that impair one's natural processes.
- We have been a pioneer in providing assistance to individuals with neurological, developmental and learning disabilities such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism, Asperger's Disorder, Tourette's Syndrome and subsequent related emotional difficulties.
- At The Learning Center, we are proud to proclaim our WASC Accreditation.
- The Learning Center offers educational, diagnostic and training services including tutoring, educational therapy, full-time schooling, home schooling, independent study, test preparation, and English as a second language.
- Our formula for success is based on the premise that if a student works in a highly focused and personalized environment with a credentialed teacher, that the student will achieve the highest possible results.
- When working in collaboration with the child, parents, teachers and medical professionals, The Learning Center believes that the highest goals can be achieved for the student through a mutual team effort.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encino Grades: K-6 | 174 students
17100 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91316
(818)990-1006 0.2 K-6
- Encino Grades: NS-12 | 601 students
5300 White Oak Ave
Encino, CA 91316
(818)784-6228 1 NS-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.